Kodi Repo

im85288

im85288

As previewed in the recent blog on XBMB3C we have been working together to bring all the modded versions of XBMC skins under one easy to install repository. In addition this repository also contains beta versions of the MediaBrowser addon itself.

If there are issues/features etc with a particular skin please report that in the appropriate skin thread.

Currently these are the skins that have been made MediaBrowser compatible:

Here is the link and enjoy!

Stable repo:

http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2.zip

Beta repo:

http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.1.zip

Edited by im85288
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
im85288

I have updated the first post with a link to the new location of the repo. For all those who have the old one installed, please delete that repo and add the new one.

xnappo

Going forward, I we are going to move to the MB3 hosted repo being the main repo for XBMB3C and MB3 enhanced skins.

We will maintain the version on the XBMC repo for advertising reasons, but will recommend the MB3 repo and put together install tutorials.

xnappo

im85288

It should be ok now, seems it was mixed up with the previous version!

SikSlayer

I didn't see a way to remove the old repository as instructed, so I just installed the new one on top, and all the skins, addons, etc got updated.

I'm wondering if I did something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Can this plugin be loaded on any platform that XBMC can be installed on?  Just curious as to requirements.

xnappo

We know it does not work so great on Pi(slow Python processing), but you can *try* it on any XBMC platform :)  

What do you have in mind?

xnappo

LehighBri

We know it does not work so great on Pi(slow Python processing), but you can *try* it on any XBMC platform :)

xnappo

I have an RPi using OpenELEC 4.0.6, and I use the simplejson setting in the XBMB3C addon, and while it's not lightning fast, it does perform reasonably well and isn't awful.

LehighBri

PS.  I'm currently using the XBMC addon from the official XBMC addon repo, which is currently at version 0.9.5, yet I'm hearing there are newer versions floating around.  What repo should I be getting the addon from?  The official XBMC addon repo or the custom repo above?  I don't need to be on the bleeding edge of things, but I also don't want to fall far behind in case the XBMC official repo isn't updated that often.

im85288

I would advise you to install it from our custom repo here, we also maintain all the modded skins in this repo too so it makes it easier all round for you. The one in the custom repo for example has a fair few new features such as showing indicators on posters, next up sorting and others.

xnappo

Not sure.  Just curious with OpenELEC and Fire TV being popular XBMC platforms.  I don't care much for XBMC itself, but it opens doors being able to access the MB3 backend :)

xnappo

Yep. With XBMB3C XBMC becomes an ffmpeg player with a good skinning engine and a large number of supported devices.

We would like someone to develop an MBT style theme...

xnappo

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
smitopher

Well...  MONDO BIZARRO

I have installed OpenElec 4.1.1 (4.2 beta) on 2 Celeron NUC's, added the repository and no problems.

I install the same OpenElec from the same USB stick on an Ivy Bridge i5 barebone from Foxconn and added the repository... everything in the XBMB3C repository is marked as incompatible.

I installed the repository by logging on to OpenElec with an ssh console,

performing a "wget http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/repository.xbmb3c-1.0.2.zip" to fetch the repository zip,

Installing the XBMB3C repository zip from the XBMC GUI

so... Any thoughts?

smitopher

Yup. Several times. I have not tried reinstalling either the repository or OpenElec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xnappo

Sorry - no ideas.  I would try deleting the repo and reinstalling it I guess.  Maybe the XBMC log would tell us something.

xnappo

smitopher

I deleted and reinstalled the repo and all is well.... I have no idea either.

I hate voodoo

Do you still want a log?

Edited by smitopher

elcabong

I just had a thought that it maybe beneficial for people with openelec, raspberry pi etc to be able to add the repo like this:  http://superrepo.org/get-started/install-superrepo-using-only-a-keyboard/

+1  i just got xbmc/xbmb3c setup on my new amazon fire tv yesterday, and this would have been way easier than using adb to push and install the repo.

elcabong

just to clarify, i was saying we should find an easy way to install the repo, like in the above link..  not be hosted in the super repo..  i think a self contained repo for xbmb3c and associated skins etc should be maintained and managed here.  it will keep everything together and easier to install for new users instead of digging through the xbmc repo or the bigger super repo.

xnappo

Yes - the repo here is great - that is just an alternate way to INSTALL a repo. 

xnappo