Guide not refreshing on schedule correctly

josenightbreed

josenightbreed

Hi!

My guide is not refreshing correctly under some conditions, I have my pc bios set up to boot turn on the pc at 7am daily, (I'm old school, i turn off my pc when i go to sleep lol), i made a task to refresh the guide at 9am daily because my iptv provider only gives me 24 hours of guide and the provider refreshes the guide at around 6:30pm so i have another schedule to refresh at 7pm.

My problem is that while emby runs and functions as soon as the pc boots into windows without any user logged in, (that part makes me happy), the guide refresh at 9am does not work it seems because when i get up and log in to the pc, (after 9am mind you ... i'm old and cranky so don't judge me lol), i have to run the task manually or else i wont have a guide until the 7pm scheduled refresh which works perfectly well.

Any help is appreciated!

Log.txt

Hi, if the PC is not turned on at 9am and Emby Server is not running, then the task will not execute. The fixed schedule tasks only execute at that time and no other time.

It sounds like instead you will want to use an interval of every 24 hours, as that will do the type of checking needed to handle your scenario.

He said he turns on the PC at 7am.  So it should be alive and well for the 9am scheduled task.

@@josenightbreed the log file you uploaded doesn't cover the 9am timeslot so there isn't anything to check related to this issue.

However, there are a lot of errors in your logs when trying to update theme songs.

Can you post a screenshot of the schedule for the Guide Refresh?

He said he turns on the PC at 7am.  So it should be alive and well for the 9am scheduled task.

@@josenightbreed the log file you uploaded doesn't cover the 9am timeslot so there isn't anything to check related to this issue.

However, there are a lot of errors in your logs when trying to update theme songs.

Can you post a screenshot of the schedule for the Guide Refresh?

But he said this:

the guide refresh at 9am does not work it seems because when i get up and log in to the pc, (after 9am mind you 

But he said this:

And then he said this:  :)

My problem is that while emby runs and functions as soon as the pc boots into windows without any user logged in, (that part makes me happy), the guide refresh at 9am does not work it seems because when i get up and log in to the pc, (after 9am mind you ... i'm old and cranky so don't judge me lol)

This log file starts at 10am, which means Emby Server was not running at 9am, therefore the scheduled task could not have run. 

You'll need to have Emby Server running at 9am if you want the task to run at that exact time.

josenightbreed

5c9e6bb254fd1_MSI_SnapShot1.jpg

5c9e6bd183426_MSI_SnapShot1_00.jpg

The log started at 10 because i restarted emby and xteve i guess??, and i have a task made to start xteve at windows startup too

5c9e6c83dabc5_Annotation20190329144845.p

If you need a log from startup i can post the one when i log in in the morning tomorrow, if it starts with a time other than 7am then something really weird is going on :blink:

mmm... could it be that emby is not actually starting to work until i physically log in? 

Darn it ... now i'm confused hehehe.

mmm... could it be that emby is not actually starting to work until i physically log in? 

Yes exactly. You'd have to set it up as a windows service if that's what you want to do.

josenightbreed

Yes exactly. You'd have to set it up as a windows service if that's what you want to do.

Setup as a service with nssm, Everything should be fine and dandy .... I hope hehehe ...

Thanks everyone for your time.

josenightbreed

at 9am as the scheduled task is set, the 7pm task is more like a cosmetic thing hehehe, i don't mind if the 7pm fails, but the 9am one is vital to have a guide for the day

Try restarting the server and then see if it runs the next day at 9am. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.