Emby kicks me out at random

Hasefamily2003

BlazedMonkey

I'll look at the server log but that all sounds to me like network communication issues...

Hence why I posted point 4.  Why would Plex start and navigate perfectly if it was a network issue?

Or perhaps I'm not clearly understanding what you mean by your statement.  If the "network communication" issue is with the way Emby is handling it's network connection, then yes, I agree, that could be the issue.  If you mean that there is an issue with the network itself, I would disagree, as I don't believe Plex would be working seamlessly if that were the case.

Could you clarify please?

BlazedMonkey

Also, this only recently started happening.  He has been streaming media for months now with hardly any hiccups.

@@BlazedMonkey (btw...awesome nickname)

#2 and #3 are related to new media being added before the server has run a library scan. We know about this issue. It is because the file exists with both a missing/upcoming(virtual episode) and a real episode.

You can find these episodes using the "episode" tab of a TV library. Sort by "Date Added" in "Descending" order. The new episodes will naturally float to the top. It is these episodes that may appear here but are not ready for consumption by the server yet as it still has yet to cull the virtual episodes.

So you get stuck where the episodes do exist. But not technically within their series yet. This is an issue I have brought up before.

@@ebr Do you have a better explanation for this. It sounds like this is what is happening.

#2 and #3 are related to new media being added before the server has run a library scan. We know about this issue. It is because the file exists with both a missing/upcoming(virtual episode) and a real episode.

You can find these episodes using the "episode" tab of a TV library. Sort by "Date Added" in "Descending" order. The new episodes will naturally float to the top. It is these episodes that may appear here but are not ready for consumption by the server yet as it still has yet to cull the virtual episodes.

So you get stuck where the episodes do exist. But not technically within their series yet. This is an issue I have brought up before.

@@ebr Do you have a better explanation for this. It sounds like this is what is happening.

It would not take 3-4 minutes to get the message, plus, the episodes would not show up where he said they were so, no, this is not what his issue is.

The long pause before the error indicates a communications time-out.  It could be that the Emby server was not responding well or a bad connection in general.

BlazedMonkey

I would doubt this, considering all these episodes were already on the server for quite some time at that point (i.e. over a month), and he had already been watching through the series (which is complete on the server).

It would not take 3-4 minutes to get the message, plus, the episodes would not show up where he said they were so, no, this is not what his issue is.

The long pause before the error indicates a communications time-out.  It could be that the Emby server was not responding well or a bad connection in general.

I was on a 100Mbps up/down plan up until this afternoon when I just went ahead and upgraded to 1Gbps up/down. But, everything prior to the last few days has been running fine on the 100Mbps plan.  Again though, why is it that plex runs just fine, but Emby struggles?

The only thing I can think of is that SyncThing and Emby aren't playing nice together.  I'm backing up my media to an offsite PC, and have been for about a week now, but these issues only started a couple days ago.  I tested both with SyncThing running, and with it turned off, and it doesn't make any difference as to whether or not Emby has issues.  At this point, it seems  to just be random.  Have you guys done anything in the last few builds to de-prioritize the way Emby interacts with the network, or tweaked any network priority settings?

Edited by BlazedMonkey

Have you guys done anything in the last few builds to de-prioritize the way Emby interacts with the network, or tweaked any network priority settings?

No.  We don't really take control of network operations at that level in the Roku.

snodrog742

As far as this stopping during playback issue - this is almost always with remote playback, correct...?

Assuming that is true, please try beta .156 and see if it still occurs.

Thanks.

I don't see .156? I uninstalled & reinstalled and only get .155

jad3675

I have two friends with rokus that have reported the same problem, except they had no trouble getting back in. Apparently it just kicks them out to the home screen while watching. One said it was happening every 5 minutes but I think he was exaggerating. Unfortunately I don't have a roku to test with. Both of them are connecting manually (no pins on my server, just long complicated passwords).

My sister had this issue last night - the Roku app was kicking her out every 4 minutes on the dot. I put her on the Beta app this morning - we'll see how it addresses the issues.

John

Edited by jad3675

LatamTV

This happens to me as well and with more than 20 persons I know since Friday night !!!

ista emby issue with ROKU only! we have made everything restart , factory reset, reset emby literally EVERYTHIng and it kicks outs me times at seconds, and no one seems to be able to help on that.

just added the beta version to see if it works better. 

Please let me know as soon as you can if it has the same defect. Thanks. :)

Note: If you find a way to reliably reproduce over and over please provide ffmpeg logs from those sessions. Thanks again. This obviously isn't how we want you to experience Emby on Roku. Sorry for the issue.

Edited by speechles

snodrog742

Please let me know as soon as you can if it has the same defect. Thanks. :)

Note: If you find a way to reliably reproduce over and over please provide ffmpeg logs from those sessions. Thanks again. This obviously isn't how we want you to experience Emby on Roku. Sorry for the issue.

Beta has been working for my mom. .155 though as did not find a .156 as @@ebr stated.

Beta has been working for my mom. .155 though as did not find a .156 as @@ebr stated.

This was unintentional. There will be more changes coming up in the app and things like this can slow down development of those features. Knowing that this is squashed lets us put that time back where we can add features. One of those is a premier feature. Have you ever thought that the LiveTV guide does not look as good on Roku as it does on Android TV? Be prepared to think again. I want to impress users with how beautiful a guide can be. :)

Edited by speechles

snodrog742

This was unintentional. There will be more changes coming up in the app and things like this can slow down development of those features. Knowing that this is squashed lets us put that time back where we can add features. One of those is a premier feature. Have you ever thought that the LiveTV guide does not look as good on Roku as it does on Android TV? Be prepared to think again. 

I was just making sure we shouldn't be seeing a different version number.  Looking forward to new features.

I was just making sure we shouldn't be seeing a different version number.  Looking forward to new features.

Roku only lets you check for a new version every 24 hours. Think of it like a sanity DDOS protection for IP addresses. Once an IP hits you are done for next 24 hours even if you want the update. No retries... lol... This is their policy not ours. They automatically retry for updates 24 hours after the last time.

Edited by speechles

LatamTV

This was unintentional. There will be more changes coming up in the app and things like this can slow down development of those features. Knowing that this is squashed lets us put that time back where we can add features. One of those is a premier feature. Have you ever thought that the LiveTV guide does not look as good on Roku as it does on Android TV? Be prepared to think again. I want to impress users with how beautiful a guide can be. :)

Thank you! 

the beta version works fine !! 

Nice the changes you will do, understand that roku can be complicated with their updates.

Already told the ones with the same issue to go to beta version . 

I don't see .156? I uninstalled & reinstalled and only get .155

Sorry, I typo'd the version.  155 is correct.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Two others in our group have reported .155 resolving as well.

Did they get it via the public channel or private beta?

Private beta

Is that same version still not available on the public channel for them?