Programmable Remote Keymapping

Carlo

IkeTaylor11

I googled gamepad tester and the app I found only work with phones and tablets. Is there one for AndroidTV devices?

Yes, you need to sideload it from aptoide. You will also need sideload launcher to launch the apk once it’s installed. You want version 1.1.0 of gamepad tester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I used F3 from my Harmony Elite which is seen as a Bluetooth keyboard by ShieldTV and rather than go to the last channel it returned to the guide and then the ShieldTV was nonresponsive to remote inputs for a few seconds. After that all was well again but I was on the Guide with focus on the channel I had previously tuned.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Can you try to determine what actual keycode was sent?

It is also possible that the last channel just failed to tune...

Sammy

Can you try to determine what actual keycode was sent?

It is also possible that the last channel just failed to tune...

I can do that with the app Ike posted I think.

Maybe it didn't tune. I tried twice though. Both where OTA, LA area channels 2 and 7 back and forth. 2 is actually 36 UHF I think and I know 7 is still 7 VHF. It could be the slow Emby tune times that caused it to time out? IDK. I'll test some more tonight and report back what key code was sent and also drop an AndroidTV log and server log at the same time.

Thanks, ebr!

IkeTaylor11

Just tried hitting F3 again (finally) and sent an AndroidTV Log. User name is TVTime. Same error. It returns to the guide and locks up for a few seconds.

EDIT: Logs

attachicon.gifffmpeg-directstream-71e9cbe8-f8ca-4b3b-a1f7-6865b0f54c86_1.txt

attachicon.gifEmby Log 20190830.zip

You aren’t programming your key correctly then. I have 2 different remotes and both work fine. I know for a fact my remotes send keycode 133, which is what Emby is looking for. Use the gamepad tester app.

Sammy

This is the F3 built in to the Harmony Elite key codes. Logitech didn't program it in right.

That was my exact search phrase on my pc but the tester app didn't show up.

Again, you can actually help out without being condescending.

It just comes off as snarky in text only. You may have not thought so but I do. Before hitting send read what you've typed and listen to what your audience will hear.

Condescending:

No not that. It’s not that difficult, I posted exactly what your looking for in my original post.

829aeb27d3297055eec209450e4f3922.jpg

Not condescending:

I posted exactly what your looking for in my original post.

829aeb27d3297055eec209450e4f3922.jpg

Edited by Sammy

When I press F3 on my Harmony Elite (emulates a Harmony Bluetooth Keyboard) I get

Btn Dn 133 (0x0085) twice in a row.

88d2bf427b367300d9acf4d9d053f576.jpg

Edited by Sammy

One of those is a press and the other is a release.  That is normal.

That is the code the app is looking for.  Does the button on the OSD work?

IkeTaylor11

When I press F3 on my Harmony Elite (emulates a Harmony Bluetooth Keyboard) I get

Btn Dn 133 (0x0085) twice in a row.

88d2bf427b367300d9acf4d9d053f576.jpg

You should really program your button to keycode 229, that’s the correct last channel keycode for android. Keycode 133 is just an extra one they added to be able to use F3 as well.

I have my remotes set to keycode 229 now but I can test with 133 tonight. Do you have the beta version installed on your shield? I don’t think 133 is in the production version yet.

• Like 1

ninoPlay12

Edit: je viens de penser à cela. Je peux utiliser Emby sur mon téléviseur Sony et utiliser le bouton de la télécommande Sony pour voir ce qui se passe. Il fonctionne la même version Android que mon bouclier, je crois. 

sur ce bouton depuis un moment maintenant, mais je ne suis pas sûr qu'une pression sur le bouton du guide de la télécommande soit réellement transmise à l'appareil. Sur la télécommande que j'ai testée, le téléviseur l'a interceptée et a essayé de m'envoyer à son guide.

ninoPlay12

La télécommande est notre passerelle vers Emby et plus nous avons de fonctionnalités pour la personnaliser pour notre usage, mieux c'est et plus facile pour nous. La possibilité de cartographier votre propre télécommande est une tradition de longue date avec de nombreux autres systèmes et constitue un ajout attendu depuis longtemps qui est nécessaire dans Emby. auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver

Edit: je viens de penser à cela. Je peux utiliser Emby sur mon téléviseur Sony et utiliser le bouton de la télécommande Sony pour voir ce qui se passe. Il fonctionne la même version Android que mon bouclier, je crois. 

Edited by ninoPlay12

sur ce bouton depuis un moment maintenant, mais je ne suis pas sûr qu'une pression sur le bouton du guide de la télécommande soit réellement transmise à l'appareil. Sur la télécommande que j'ai testée, le téléviseur l'a interceptée et a essayé de m'envoyer à son guide.

Correct.  That is the problem with some of these special buttons.  The TVs don't even pass them through to the Android system.

IkeTaylor11

that will work. i have a sony tv and it can pass through the "jump" button to Emby on my shield using CEC. 

You should really program your button to keycode 229, that’s the correct last channel keycode for android. Keycode 133 is just an extra one they added to be able to use F3 as well.

I have my remotes set to keycode 229 now but I can test with 133 tonight. Do you have the beta version installed on your shield? I don’t think 133 is in the production version yet.

So.. how do I set up specific key codes?

I have both Harmony Elite and Harmony 900 remotes.

I use the beta version of the AndroidTV app.

Edited by Sammy

IkeTaylor11

So.. how do I set up specific key codes?

I have both Harmony Elite and Harmony 900 remotes.

I use the beta version of the AndroidTV app.

No idea how you do it with a Harmony, reach out to them.

• Like 1

One of those is a press and the other is a release. That is normal.

That is the code the app is looking for. Does the button on the OSD work?

Last I checked the OSD previous button worked fine.

No idea how you do it with a Harmony, reach out to them.

I will.

Thanks!

Maybe if I got one of those el cheapo remotes you have then teach the Harmony remote? How did you do it on those?

Edited by Sammy

Just tried F3 again and it worked. Not sure what the issue was before but it worked tonight. Now to program the remote to map F3 to an unused button..

Just tried F3 again and it worked. Not sure what the issue was before but it worked tonight. Now to program the remote to map F3 to an unused button..

Wait - I thought the whole reason i added that was because your remote was sending that for previous channel...?

if you can program it, why not just use the proper previous channel code?