Programmable Remote Keymapping

Carlo

Sammy

@@ebr is it possible to assign multiple keycodes for previous channel? I would like keycode 133 (F3) to work as previous channel just like keycode 229 does now. The new buzz tv remote (arq-100) has 133 as the keycode programmed to the previous channel button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Windows Shortcut corresponds to Key Code 229?

I've got my set up working with Harmony 900's BTW.

IkeTaylor11

I have no idea, not sure there even is one. Keycode 229 is and android button code, not windows. It’s sent from the remote button and mapped with the .kl file in android. You can use gamepad tester in android to see what key codes are sent from each button.

Sammy

Please post any issues in the appropriate testing thread but this would be a configuration issue with those remotes - not the app.

Thanks.

I got it figured out all by me self.

Is there a possibility to map "Next Chapter" and "Previous Chapter" to Skip Forward >>| and Skip Back |<< in ShieldTV / Kodi, respectively?

Thanks.

Sammy

it would be nice if you could post that

I set up my flirc as a Kodi device and then in the Logitech Harmony software I told my remote the device was a Media Center PC with a manufacturer of flirc and a device name of Kodi.

I'm still searching for a solution to my 2015 Shield TV which is set up with it's internal IR receiver and not using a USB flirc device. I may need the spring for another flirc if I don't find an appropriate solution.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

We should be able to use the number keys to enter 3 or 4 digit channels for TV channel changes.

You can do that now.  Have you tried it?

Sammy

You can do that now. Have you tried it?

Yes I have and hence the reason I am redoing re-did my FLIRC and Harmony setup.

Now to figure out this last 2015 ShieldTV w/o FLIRC. Maybe this I'd what the question above is about?

Yes I have and hence the reason I am redoing re-did my FLIRC and Harmony setup.

Now to figure out this last 2015 ShieldTV w/o FLIRC. Maybe this I'd what the question above is about?

I was responding to kaytoniya who stated we needed that functionality.  Thx.

Sammy

I was responding to kaytoniya who stated we needed that functionality. Thx.

I know. Sorry. I meant to confirm that this works with the further caveat that your system needs to be configured to deal with excepting the remote codes.

IkeTaylor11

@@ebr did you see my request from a couple days ago (post 50)? Haven’t seen a response from you about it.

@@ebr did you see my request from a couple days ago (post 50)? Haven’t seen a response from you about it.

Try the beta that just went up.

Sammy

Are there customizable remote key mappings in the beta? Is it in the settings menu?

Are there customizable remote key mappings in the beta? Is it in the settings menu?

No.  I was answering his specific question.

Sammy

No. I was answering his specific question.

Okay, so if the key codes are revised will they still work otherwise? Maybe I am confused about the reason for this change.

Thanks.

Okay, so if the key codes are revised will they still work otherwise? Maybe I am confused about the reason for this change.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Ike asked for F3 to be treated like previous channel and that is what was added.

• Like 1

Sammy

What would be nice is to be able to modify these like one used to be able to do in MPC-HC on Windows when MB 2.6 launched a movie with an external player. One day maybe on the ShieldTV?

Sammy

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Ike asked for F3 to be treated like previous channel and that is what was added.

So was this there before? Do I need to go into the Harmony Software and add it, maybe to the LCD touch screen? Pretty cool and thanks for adding it, I thought it was being changed from one code number to another and would remove functionality for others but now I see I was wrong..

Like I said above, having this as a user customizeable input in the AndroidTV / ShieldTV settings would be fantastic!

Edited by Sammy

IkeTaylor11

Do I need the beta android client or do you mean the beta server?

If it’s the client I gotta figure out how to get that. Have always run the stable version on my shield.

IkeTaylor11

@@ebr If you are willing to make some more adjustments this new remote I am working with has the most functionality i've seen for an android remote. It would be very nice to map out all the buttons to get the most out of it in Emby. I have attached a picture of the remote for reference. Currently the buttons listed below do nothing, but they do have a keycode associated to them. Would you be willing to map them out to make this remote fully functional? If you think something might conflict let me know.

Gear/Settings button (keycode_f8: 138) map to App Settings menu in Emby while in the Emby client app

Record button (keycode_media_record: 130) map to start recording while watching a channel in Emby while in the Emby client app

Server button (keycode_f4: 134) map to Switch Server menu in Emby while in the Emby client app

Can you manipulate buttons when pressed on the home screen of android tv? I know you guys have a tie in to the home screen for certain functionality. If these buttons could launch particular parts of Emby from the home screen that would be amazing.

PVR button (keycode_f9: 139) map to Recordings in Emby from home screen

Guide button (keycode_f6: 136) map to tv guide in Emby from home screen

VOD button (keycode_f7: 137) map to Movies library in Emby from home screen

Live TV tutton (keycode_f5: 135) mape to last watched channel in Emby from home screen

Not sure if any or all of this can be accomplished. But, if it can i think this would really set Emby apart. Also since most of the keycodes are just F function keys any keyboard would also be able to do the same tasks with the mappings. 

post-386849-0-88421500-1566524851_thumb.jpg

Edited by IkeTaylor11

pünktchen

Live TV should be Live TV and

Last should be Last Channel.

Also VOD doesn't make sense. What if there is more than one movie library?

Sammy

So I used F3 from my Harmony Elite which is seen as a Bluetooth keyboard by ShieldTV and rather than go to the last channel it returned to the guide and then the ShieldTV was nonresponsive to remote inputs for a few seconds. After that all was well again but I was on the Guide with focus on the channel I had previously tuned.

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

I have no idea, not sure there even is one. Keycode 229 is and android button code, not windows. It’s sent from the remote button and mapped with the .kl file in android. You can use gamepad tester in android to see what key codes are sent from each button.

I googled gamepad tester and the app I found only work with phones and tablets. Is there one for AndroidTV devices?