Set Default View For All Folders?

tiorsus

tiorsus

In the Android app, is there a way to set the default view that will be shown for all folders? I'm referring to: open a folder -> 3 dots at the top -> Image Type. It currently defaults to "Primary;" I would like to set the default to "List," for all folders.  I'm guessing I'm just missing something obvious, but I did look through the options & wasn't able to find any :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi, we don't currently have a way of setting defaults for all folders, but i agree it would be a good idea. thanks.

tiorsus

Ah, darn - thanks for the quick reply, I suppose I'll keep my fingers crossed for a future addition then! :)

Just for a little background/completeness, the reason why it's problematic in my particular case: I use Emby with Home Videos & Photos libraries, which are organized as deeply-nested folders, often with long names (i.e. date, time, location, description).  Because the default view only shows the first portion of the folder names, navigating through means that every new folder I enter requires me to manually change its view, one at a time, before I can see its subfolder names & keep moving.  Especially over a remote connection where changing the view of a large folder can itself lead to a large delay, this easily more than doubles the time required to locate a given photo.  All be solvable by that one setting :)

Cheers,

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Another +1 here. I use the "Folders" view a lot, and every subfolder is using the "Primary" view which tends to cut off all names. I would dearly love to be able to default the whole folders-section to use the "list" view (or for it to be the default for that section to begin with).