Crash to home screen when trying to list servers

pcm2a

Bob Schnatterly

I'm installing the beta tomorrow. If y'all release it officially by, say, around 2pm, please make sure to note that in the Emby server "Latest News" section :)

I'm installing the beta tomorrow. If y'all release it officially by, say, around 2pm, please make sure to note that in the Emby server "Latest News" section :)

It looks like this update has already been released to the public channel.

Thanks.

beta version working for me

thanks

The public version should be the same now.

Thanks.

Bob Schnatterly

Ok, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem isn't fixed for my mother. I'm at her place right now. I uninstalled Emby on all three of her Rokus (a really old one, one that's about 16 months old, and one that she just got (the Premiere, I think). On the really old one, the app won't even finish loading (I just have the Welcome to Emby spinning circle), but on the newer ones, the app comes up but it has 2 problems: 1) if I'm just at the Emby home screen and hit the Home button, it exits the app, and if I restart the app, it spins for a while and crashes back to the Roku home screen. The second time I reinstalled the app and registered it, I got that "Welcome to the new Emby Roku experience (or whatnot). We hope you enjoy all the new improvements", so I thought it was the newest app, but maybe not.  2) My pre-recorded TV Shows and Movies are not fully showing up in the Emby app to begin with. Live TV works, and it shows the *latest* movies and TV shows my mother can watch, but there's no apparent way to see the complete list of TV shows and movies available to her on the server.  I double-checked her user profile and it seems to be set up correctly.

I hope you can get this resolved soon. I really like Emby, but it's not quite there yet...

drbond01

I am getting this same issue at my gfs place.

Uninstalled the app off of her roku TV and reinstalled and it is still installing build 153 as well.

I will see if I can get the beta version on.

drbond01

Didn't have to do the beta. Manually put in the server settings and I was able to get in. Emby connect wouldn't allow it to work

Emby connect wouldn't allow it to work

Thanks for the feedback. We are preparing a fix for this. 

Bob Schnatterly

Hi. What is the version number shown on the app settings screen?

Sorry, I was super-busy pulling DirecTV boxes and setting up YouTube TV (and a couple other channels) on all of her Rokus. (If it'll make you feel better, YouTube TV is not even offered for that really old Roku. Also, I even reactivated Plex on one of my tuners and I couldn't get that to work either. No server shown, no live TV option. Her user was activated on the server and her permissions were correct; it just wouldn't go. Whatever this contagion is, it's spreading...)

I go down to my Mom's place every couple of weeks or so. I'll keep trying to get Emby to work. In the meantime, my mother is pretty psyched about YouTube TV.  They have local channels (which obviates the need for Emby or Plex, at least for her), a great price and an easy to use and configure user interface. All the other streaming services have a lot to learn from them.

[sorry, I guess that comes across like I'm a jerk, but I was just being honest! I still want Emby to work so my family can see all the stuff I've recorded over the years, and the family photos, and the home videos... ;) ]

Edited by Bob Schnatterly

Thanks for the feedback. We are preparing a fix for this. 

Actually, the fix has been out for a couple days so, if you are still having a problem we'll need to look at details - including the version number for the app.

Thanks.

alapalme

I was at my in-laws tonight. They have a Roku stick with Emby, and connect to my home server using Emby connect. They have the same problem. I tried rebooting Roku, and then uninstalling and reinstalling Emby. In all cases, I could login with Emby connect once, but as soon as I left Emby, anytime i tried to go to Emby app, it showed the spinner for a few seconds and back to Roku. So after reinstalling the app today, I can use Emby one time, then I have to reinstall. I could not login manually as my home IP changes often.

In addition, there is a green message that says we hope you enjoy Emby that I can't get off the screen. We ended up leaving it there for the entire movie.

Unfortunately I'm not at their house often so I can't get you much more info, other than it's a brand new Roku streaming stick, Canadian version, bought a month ago, and we reinstalled Emby from the Roku store multiple times tonight. No joy.

Happy2Play

I was at my in-laws tonight. They have a Roku stick with Emby, and connect to my home server using Emby connect. They have the same problem. I tried rebooting Roku, and then uninstalling and reinstalling Emby. In all cases, I could login with Emby connect once, but as soon as I left Emby, anytime i tried to go to Emby app, it showed the spinner for a few seconds and back to Roku. So after reinstalling the app today, I can use Emby one time, then I have to reinstall. I could not login manually as my home IP changes often.

In addition, there is a green message that says we hope you enjoy Emby that I can't get off the screen. We ended up leaving it there for the entire movie.

Unfortunately I'm not at their house often so I can't get you much more info, other than it's a brand new Roku streaming stick, Canadian version, bought a month ago, and we reinstalled Emby from the Roku store multiple times tonight. No joy.

Would need to know the app version number.  You should be able to see it in your server log also, since it did log in.

alapalme

Roku SG 3.0.153

I just realized in this thread the recommendation was to install the beta version 154? In any case we reinstalled Emby from the Roku streaming channels page and 3.0.153 is what I see on my device list. If the patch is already out then I'm just not getting the right version.

Thanks for all your help

Edited by alapalme

Happy2Play

Roku SG 3.0.153

I just realized in this thread the recommendation was to install the beta version 154? In any case we reinstalled Emby from the Roku streaming channels page and 3.0.153 is what I see on my device list. If the patch is already out then I'm just not getting the right version.

Thanks for all your help

I don't have the public store channel installed so I can't verify, but I thought @@ebr mentioned the public channel was updated.  But obviously if you are still on .153 then it hasn't.  Personally I would run the beta channel as it does not have to be submitted and wait for thru the Roku approval process.

From our side it looks like the public channel has updated.  However, I don't know how Roku handles distribution around the world.  It may actually take them a few days to push it out everywhere...