Re-install options

RobsterUK

RobsterUK

Having recently upgraded to server version 4.0.3.0-1 from 3.1.5 I have discovered a metadata issue.

Some titles do not provide full metadata info. Run time/end time and codec info is not displayed.

I have tried the server Library settings and chosen 'replace all metadata' from the 'scan library' option. This didn't seem to resolve it & caused excessive RAM usage whilst running. Not releasing the RAM after the scan had finished. Resulting in me having to stop and start the server.
If I manually refresh metadata for an individual title it updates it. But with over 800 titles I don't have the time to check each one individually.

I have read a couple of threads which indicated that a re-install should resolve this issue.

Questions relating to this:

If I create a backup, remove server, re-install and restore backup - will this resolve it?

Or do I have to re-install without restoring the backup to resolve? (Which seems reasonable to have to do this to get aroud the issue by recreating all metadata.)

If I have to do this is there a way to restore the 'Watched' status. We rely heavily on this feature and if it cannot be restored is a bit of a deal breaker with this procedure.

Thanks in advance

Hi, without looking at your problem in more detail it's really hard to say if a re-install will help you or not.

solabc16

Hello @@RobsterUK

Can you run the Send Logs utility and I'll see if I can spot anything going on, when it comes to the full refresh failing / failing to complete : https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Let me know an approximate time frame, so I know (roughly) where to start looking.

Having to do a re-install to resolve a metadata update issue is hopefully not where we're going to end up, it's certainly not desirable from any perspective.

Best

- James

RobsterUK

Hi @@solabc16 thanks for looking into this.

I'm having some issues with using sendlogs. It creates the archive but fails sending them. I can host them on dropbox if you can point me to where the archive is created.

It reports HTTP status:500 and fails to send.

I have the server logs available here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qol70cb7c928ghh/embyserver-63689366972.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eno3wo39nl5k6ia/embyserver-63989328000.txt?dl=0

I ran a 'replace metadata' scan on the library in question at 10:25. Had to restart the server afterwards as the RAM was saturated once more. The title in question still does not have full metadata.

I know you need the send logs archive but wanted to get the server log over to you.

Thanks,
Rob

• 2 weeks later...
RobsterUK

I have looked at my libraries to try and prevent a re-install. @@solabc16 I still don't think I can send the logs. Log file is over 100MB, is that why?

The only seemed to be one library which was failing with a metadata refresh.
I tested updating them manually.
Working through it alphabetically i could choose to 'Refresh Metadata', then choose 'Replace all metadata'.

Did a couple in quick succession, whilst monitoring the performance of the NAS.

Got to one specific title and the RAM usage shot up and did not release. Restarted the server and tried again, avoiding this title. Methodically carried on and with only a few clicks for each title I replaced the metadata for the titles that required it. All the time monitoring the NAS and it was performing OK. As it only takes a few clicks there must have been items queued as I was selecting them fairly quickly. Completed all of the library without further issues.

Went back to the title with issues earlier and replaced all metadata and images. It still did not complete.

I have then removed the folder from the folder structure. Left the scheduled tasks to run for metadata (went out for the day). Then re-created the folder and added the .mkv back in and tried to refresh the metadata. It populates all of the images, but it does not pull out the codec type/ audio streams / finish time etc.
Maybe there is some kind of error with this particular file which causes mono-sgen to error and therefore not release the RAM?

Again I seem unable to use sendlogs at the moment with a time-out error. but let me know if there is anything else i can provide you with. As this amy help shed light on other issues.

Thanks,
Rob

RobsterUK

Sorry Luke i missed this reply.

I can upload the log somewhere but how do i generate it?
When running sendlogs utility it creates the log file ok. But where does it get stored? I tired to find it but couldn't.