Photo
- - - - -

Question about my network shares

Best Answer jachin99 , 27 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for getting back to me ebr but I'll stick to my extenders for a while.  I was able to solve this particular problem by enabling the guest account on my file server.  I'll still have some work to do with codecs, and I know extender codec support is limited but so is my codec usage.  Its basically jpg, mkv & mpg2 & 4

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jachin99 OFFLINE  

jachin99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • Local time: 03:42 PM

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

Emby has direct access to my media library via network paths but for some reason, I get a streaming notification when I play files on an extender.  I also do not get my video backdrops on extenders.  This seems to happen with every file type and I have attached logs. 

Attached Files

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46383 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

Hi.  MC Extenders have very limited codec support as they are really an extension of the old desktop sharing implementation in Windows.

There are lots of better streaming options these days...

#3 jachin99 OFFLINE  

jachin99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:01 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me ebr but I'll stick to my extenders for a while.  I was able to solve this particular problem by enabling the guest account on my file server.  I'll still have some work to do with codecs, and I know extender codec support is limited but so is my codec usage.  Its basically jpg, mkv & mpg2 & 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users