new to emby

badwhip

badwhip

i have the emby software and server on my shield tv set up. proble is when i go into emby sometimes my liberty not showing up and i’m connected to the server and logged into the account. why is it doing this?

badwhip

the server is installed on nvidia shiled and my library is on external hard drives attached via usb to the shield. it picks it up when i first add the library and do a scan and can play them but the library disappears along with the hdhomerun tunner. the tunner still shows up on pc.

the server is installed on nvidia shiled and my library is on external hard drives attached via usb to the shield. it picks it up when i first add the library and do a scan and can play them but the library disappears along with the hdhomerun tunner. the tunner still shows up on pc.

Disappears from where exactly?

badwhip

i click on my user name and it supose to take me to my library in that place where library supose to be all i see is my user name at top right corner. i already have plex set up for many years and that works fine trying to get this to work becuase i like some of the features better

Hi. What app are you using to access your server?  Can you show us a screen shot of what you are seeing?

badwhip

i decided to delete my server and start over. i was seeing my library under library but couldn’t see it to play on pc or shiled tv app. it is now populating again on the app. i’m also having trouble unlocking the app on shiled tv. i think this all started when i tried to rename my user name that was displayed in the app as somebuffy to my first name and i also renamed the server to a name i would recognized.

Hi.  Make sure you give the user in question access to the libraries on the user configuration "Access" tab.

badwhip

yep done that looked at every setting. i think it is loosing my server when i change the name of it or the user id

badwhip

well the content isn’t showing up again it’s all blank. only thing that shows up in a web browser is my tv tunner but on the shield tv app it is blank just like the picture i sent. i see my liberty in the server app but can’t see it anywhere else

badwhip

external drive are not turned off and plex continues to work as usual i am at 90.2 of the scan and it’s been about 4 to five days. i also notice the emby server turns off and i have to go in and manually turn it back on. don’t know why it’s doing that the shiled is left on and goes into sleep mode. i’m hoping after the scan finishes the library shows up.

badwhip

ok i believe the problem is sorted out. i made an account on shield tv for emby and then i bought a premiere account and my email was different and i must of set up two different servers and they got mixed up.