Home page issue

levander

levander

Hi,

I have emby setup with many libraries and scrolling becomes really jerky after only few minutes of browsing on Apple TV. That is not so surprising because there are lots of images/data loaded but at the same time I don't have this issues whatsoever on iOS (iPhone or iPad) clients or Mac emby server, I can browse and scroll without any problems. 

I can turn off Latest Media home screen section but it affects all the clients, not just Apple TV. I would rather that I can turn it off only on Apple TV. I like having latest media listed on home screen on all emby clients I use, especially Apple TV.

levander

Only on Apple TV client loading of new images as well as scrolling and navigating is very very slow when all libraries (by default) are visible (selected in home screen settings) and latest media and continue watching is turned on.

levander

70+

It’s far from my ideal setup but it came to be this way since some changes in new version of server disrupted my way of using emby. Anyway, as I already said I haven’t been having similar problems whatsoever with iOS and OS X clients.

unisoft

70+

It’s far from my ideal setup but it came to be this way since some changes in new version of server disrupted my way of using emby. Anyway, as I already said I haven’t been having similar problems whatsoever with iOS and OS X clients.

Do you have many libraries and large size images? It's fine on my Atv 4K and I am using it over ssl over a cable TV wan link to server.

levander

Do you have many libraries and large size images? It's fine on my Atv 4K and I am using it over ssl over a cable TV wan link to server.

What do you mean large size images? I have latest Apple TV but not 4K version.

What do you mean large size images? I have latest Apple TV but not 4K version.

I think he missed the fact that you have over 70 libraries defined.

• 2 weeks later...
levander

I just want to add that loading many images on Apple TV I reported is issue with other similar apps rather than emby issue. Infuse is much worse. I would guess that the way emby load data in particular cases (local images with media on multiple external drives) is contributing to the problem.

corey

@@levander --

Do you have access to the beta? If so we just released some improvements to the Home view and I'd like to know if it helped resovled your problem. If you don't have access @@ebr should be able to help you out.

levander

@@levander --

Do you have access to the beta? If so we just released some improvements to the Home view and I'd like to know if it helped resovled your problem. If you don't have access @@ebr should be able to help you out.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

• 1 month later...
levander

@@levander --

It is happening again (beta 1.4.2.12)

It is happening again (beta 1.4.2.12)

Nothing changed between 11 and 12 that would impact this.  Was it okay before?

levander

Nothing changed between 11 and 12 that would impact this.  Was it okay before?

Actually I think there is. In 11 the page would refresh every time I would exit/go back while browsing and that behavior gone in 12.

Actually I think there is. In 11 the page would refresh every time I would exit/go back while browsing and that behavior gone in 12.

Well, maybe we should start with exactly what you were referring to in "it" is happening again...?  What is "it"?

The elimination of the periodic refresh would seem to only help your situation with slow loading.

levander

Well, maybe we should start with exactly what you were referring to in "it" is happening again...?  What is "it"?

The elimination of the periodic refresh would seem to only help your situation with slow loading.

Sorry, I mean slow loading is happening again. But I noticed that after some time it does get better even without restart. I will keep an eye on it.