Hardaware encoders / decoders

xontik

xontik

Hi Everyone,

I'm using emby inside the official docker container, v4.0.2.0 on Ubuntu Server 18.04.2

I don't understand why I'm seeing my GT430 (old card I know :'(  ) as decoder but not as encoder :/

5c9a2a0db04ac_Capturedu20190326143158.pn

Tell me if I need to share some log or anything ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi, at this point, hardware acceleration in Docker is only experimental, so we may not have all the answers yet.

But at the very least you most likely will need to install hardware drivers into the container. Have you done that?

xontik

Yes, I've done that.

But I think i found the issue here : I have a GT430 and nvenc is only available since nvidia gt 600 series, so I guess my card just can't encode :)

I'll try to find a new Graphic card and I'll keep you updated

Thanks for your time and awesome job man ;)

skijbal

Just piggybacking on this. How do I install the drivers in the docker container. I set /dev/dri as a volume in the container but how do I install the drivers.

skijbal

I have followed that for Nvidia but didn’t know if there was a way for quick sync.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aptalca

I have followed that for Nvidia but didn’t know if there was a way for quick sync.

For quicksync, you don't need to install drivers inside the container. You just need to pass the /dev/dri device and make sure the permissions are correct

skijbal

This is my volume setup in portainer. Is this correct since the emby container is built on arch.

f1077a1f291ac1a07f48f898677c01d5.jpg

skijbal

For quicksync, you don't need to install drivers inside the container. You just need to pass the /dev/dri device and make sure the permissions are correct

See below