No Guide Data (Emby Guide Data)

grbharati

grbharati

Hello all:

I was using SD for my Live TV (IPTV m3u subscription). I recently noticed an announcement about the new "Emby Guide data". With the new announcement, I was excited and replaced my SD Guide with "Emby Guide data". When I was using SD, I had all the channels logo and all guide data. Now when I replaced with the Emby, almost all of my Channel logos are missing and No guide data. Very few of them has guides (2%). I used DIRECTV SATTELITE for the channel lineup for SD as well as Emby guide data.

While digging into the m3u from the IPTV service, I noticed all the channels has "tvg-id = xxx.schedulesdirect.org".

My question: What shall I change for Emby Guide data? tvg-name? tvg-id? and what shall I replace it with? In the mapping, it populates with numbers which I do not see in m3u playlist.

I am running:

Emby Server: 4.0.3.0

Thank you,

grb

grbharati

Hi @@Luke

I think you are referring to as shown in the screenshot attached. I have lots of channel more than 200+ it would take a lot of time also finding on the right hand side channel list takes a lot time. I am looking for some automated mapping. If there is a way that I change in my m3u playlist that would make channel identification easy for emby. The channel numbers looks so different in m3u and from emby guide channel list.

Thanks,5c9f0d79a645a_channelmapping.png

Ok, if you add a tvg-chno attribute to your m3u channels containing the channel number from the guide data, then that should allow them to automatically map. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

That's not really an ideal way to handle this using the channel number.  It would be far better to map the station ID instead.

Channel number can change very easily (OTA, Cable, M3U) but station IDs don't.

The CURRENT MAPPING BY CHANNEL NUMBER is a great source is issues for most people using M3U files and is the biggest complaint along with the need for categories.

Edited by cayars

maegibbons

Hi

Mapping by station id already works well against tvg-id and I have extracted the station ids from the gracenote data.

So i'm good how the tvg-id to station id mapping currently works.  Please dont break this.

Krs

Mark

@@maegibbons you're using the station for matching correct?

I try and do this also but the problem is for those who don't have the expertise to do this and load an M3U file.

Emby will take the EPG and match based on channel number which WON'T WORK and makes a mess of things if not a true OTA or CABLE lineup.

Matching this way for a  real tuner is probably fine but this shouldn't be done for M3U files (or give us an option in the tuner setup).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
grbharati
On 3/31/2019 at 2:45 PM, maegibbons said:

Hi

Mapping by station id already works well against tvg-id and I have extracted the station ids from the gracenote data.

So i'm good how the tvg-id to station id mapping currently works.  Please dont break this.

Krs

Mark

Hi, I finally switched to tvg-id mapping and am getting those ID from gracenote manually for my TV listings. In your case where and how do you get the GRACENOTE data? I am using this link: https://tvlistings.gracenote.com/grid-affiliates.html?aid=gapzap to look for the ids and creating the excel file manually so that I map it later. Is there better way to grab those IDs? For huge number of channels getting those ID manually is not going good. Can you share how are you getting the gracenote data for tvg-id?

grbharati

Hi @Luke and @maegibbons: I think I had a misunderstanding between the channel name and station id. In tvg-id I am using the names that are shown in the EMBY guide like BEIN1HD. And it seems different TV providers (DIRECTV, FIOS etc) use different names, so what is the best place to get the station-id for all the channels? @cayarssaid that stays same with all the TV providers and I can change the guide easily without worrying much about which TV providers calls what channel is what. I even don't know how station id looks like.

What would be the station-id for "Bein Sports 1 HD", and how do you find it.

I think you misunderstood what I meant.  Here with both fios and xfinity plus my OTA broadcasts I get 3 different stations id, or 4+ if I count the SD versions of these stations.

What I was trying to convey is if you plan to use something like DirecTV or Dish then to use the stations IDs from the sat lineup and manually put them in the M3U file.

Essentially you're just doing the channel mapping by hand OUTSIDE of Emby vs inside.  The reason why I like this better, even slightly more work, is that you can remove the tuners and re-add them and they will just rematch again.

grbharati

Oh in that sense I am already implementing it. I have a script that Identifies the channel and puts the tvg-id in M3U, still i have been filling an excel file With tvg-id for specific provider. Is there any place where i can grab all the tvg-id automatically? 

No not really.  I typically just load up the guide in Emby I want to use.  For M3U files I'll typically use a DISH/SAT provider since the typically have the most channels and east/west feeds.  I'll then go their site to get the channel number and name of channel and cross reference everything.  I too use a spreadsheet for this type of thing.

• Like 1