Green ckeck-mark on long press goes away when browsing by folder (FireFox)

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

I am using FireFox 66.0.1 on a Windows 10 computer.

When I browse my movies by folder and I long left press on a movie (to start a multi select) if, after the green check-mark appears, I release the left mouse button the check-mark goes away. That is the multi-select does not stick. The same action while browsing in the "regular" manner (ie not by folder) has the check-mark remain and I can go on to select other movies.

In order to get a proper multi-select going when browsing by folder I have to press and hold the left mouse button until the check appears and then move cursor, while continuing to hold the left button, outside of the selected movie and then the check-mark remains green and I can go and select other movies normally.

I just tested and this does not happen in Chrome.

So my question is what could possibly be different in FireFox that is causing the issue only when browsing by folder?

It clearly is not a big deal at all but I do find it a bit odd.

Note: I prefer using FireFox for reasons having nothing to do with Emby.

Happy2Play

It I remember correctly this was reported in another topic and it is browser related.  But in the next server release (4.1) the multi-select function will no longer require long left click.

Gilgamesh_48

It I remember correctly this was reported in another topic and it is browser related.  But in the next server release (4.1) the multi-select function will no longer require long left click.

Thank you. I must have missed that topic or I thought my ex wife was saying it so I turned on my selective inattention. ;):P

What is the "new" selection method? A check box like Plex?

Happy2Play

Thank you. I must have missed that topic or I thought my ex wife was saying it so I turned on my selective inattention. ;):P

What is the "new" selection method? A check box like Plex?

There is a select box on hover for multi-select.  Have never used Plex so I couldn't say.

5c97f91034e14_multiselect.jpg

Gilgamesh_48

That is much like Plex but Plex uses a circle instead of a box. I do not think either is cosmetically "better" at all but I did think the "long press" idea was pretty much second rate. In other words I think Emby is making the right move going away from the "long press" idea.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Gilgamesh_48

Well this is sort of solved but it is not really solved in the beta release.

Yes, you can now click a check box to select multiple movies but there seems to be no way to do anything other than select multiple movies one at a time. That is you select a movie and the go to the next one and select it and so on for as many as you need to select.

In every other app I use on my PC if I select an item in a list and then move down the list and hold down the shift key while clicking on an item every item between the first and the chosen one gets selected. This is the standard method of multiple selection in Windows and "should" be in Emby as well but it is not how Emby is currently working.

It is generally not good to violate the standards of the operating system you are using as regular users of that operating system will get unpleasant surprises.

Gilgamesh_48

Hi, yes we can add support for shift multi-select in the future. thanks.

I am continually awed by the responsiveness and openness I find here. If I made a similar observation in the Plex forums there would either be no response or the Plex folks would insist that their way is better and is not going to change.

Again, thanks. ;)

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

Hi, yes we can add support for shift multi-select in the future. thanks.

SHIFT and CTRL for multi-select please. Shift does the bookend style. Select is the chicken peck.

Example. Use Shift to select your bookend group. Now use CTRL to uncheck the one you don't want. Is the CTRL assumed with multi-select.. maybe it is?

Edited by speechles

• 3 months later...
Gilgamesh_48

SHIFT and CTRL for multi-select please. Shift does the bookend style. Select is the chicken peck.

Example. Use Shift to select your bookend group. Now use CTRL to uncheck the one you don't want. Is the CTRL assumed with multi-select.. maybe it is?

This is not yet implemented. I wanted to bump this just to be sure it does not peculate off the "ToDo" radar. The ability ti easily multi-select seems like it should be important when making large collections or playlists. Having to click on each and every item to be selected gets tedious when the number of items one wishes to select gets above 15 or so.