Poor quality video playback

kengray93
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

kengray93

Hi all,

I have MBserver and MBC setup in lounge room on the same PC and is working perfectly (thank you developers - you guys are awesome)

However I have a second PC in the bedroom that I tried running MBC on and the video quality is really bad.  I uninstalled and reinstalled MB2 and videos play fine.  All my media is stored on the PC in the lounge and MB2 has worked fine in the past by playing this content over wireless network, but I would really like to move to the new generation but not at the expense of video quality.  Can anyone help with some ideas?

swhitmore

Make sure the second PC has access to the media directly. If it doesn't, MBC will transcode the video rather than play it directly. That could be what's causing your quality loss.

Edited by swhitmore

kengray93

the second PC can see all files and folders as they are networked together, is that what you mean?

swhitmore

the second PC can see all files and folders as they are networked together, is that what you mean?

Yeah that's what I mean. Can you play the files from explorer in WMP? Is the quality still bad?

AdrianW

Make sure you used UNC paths and not local paths when you defined your library locations within the server web UI.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

• Solution

Make sure you used UNC paths and not local pahs when you defined your library locations within the server web UI.

Either that or use the Path substitution feature to create UNC paths for them so that the remote MBC machine can open them directly.

• Like 1