Emby "DLNA Play To" Philips 32PFS5803/12 not working

jackti

Hi, would you mind trying Emby Server 4.6+ (as of today in  beta), combined with the 1.0.45 Dlna plugin update(or greater)?

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

On 2/13/2021 at 11:07 PM, Luke said:

Hi, would you mind trying Emby Server 4.6+ (as of today in  beta), combined with the 1.0.45 Dlna plugin update(or greater)?

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

@Luke I just tried to play an MP3 with no DLNA profile using DLNA plugin 1.0.46 and Emby beta 4.0.6.22 which is the latest one as far as I could tell.
TV still crashes when navigating to the Emby DLNA server from the TV DLNA browser. "Play to" from Emby, or using BubbleUPnP to set up a session with the same result. Sometimes the TV DLNA browser will say the Emby DLNA server has "no content", other times it will crash softly where it's possible to turn it off and on again by remote, and other times still it will crash where you need to yank the power cable to the TV.

Edited by jackti

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 6:25 PM, ColtGx10 said:

The same issue here:  Philips 32PFS6805/12.

Each time I have to unplug the tv and plug it back in to get rid of the black screen.

embyserver.txt 124.89 kB · 4 downloads

Hi, please try again with the upcoming 4.6 server release. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
noobensis

I have a similar issue with a Philips 43pus6504/12. When trying to access the server via dlna, the TV freezes to the point i need to  unplug it from the power cord

It works if i go in the browser, though it is pretty hard to navigate with a cursor from a remote control. It sometimes jumps into a mode where tv remote controls (left, right, up) actually make the focus jump between page links, but that happens rarely

My server is updated

embyserver.txt

Edited by noobensis
published before finishing writng

On 4/4/2021 at 4:16 AM, noobensis said:

I have a similar issue with a Philips 43pus6504/12. When trying to access the server via dlna, the TV freezes to the point i need to  unplug it from the power cord

It works if i go in the browser, though it is pretty hard to navigate with a cursor from a remote control. It sometimes jumps into a mode where tv remote controls (left, right, up) actually make the focus jump between page links, but that happens rarely

My server is updated

embyserver.txt 21.85 kB · 0 downloads

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log file. thanks !

noobensis
On 4/5/2021 at 10:26 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log file. thanks !

Here it is

I also tried to Miracast from my phone, since my TV somehow doesn't decode DTS 5.1 audio format or the server doesn't transcode to other audio codec and that doesn't work either, i assume it's because it runs via dnla as well

Thank you

embyserver.txt

Edited by noobensis

On 4/10/2021 at 5:02 PM, noobensis said:

Here it is

I also tried to Miracast from my phone, since my TV somehow doesn't decode DTS 5.1 audio format or the server doesn't transcode to other audio codec and that doesn't work either, i assume it's because it runs via dnla as well

Thank you

embyserver.txt 1.49 MB · 0 downloads

Right so it tried to direct play to miracast, but your tv didn't like it because it doesn't support the audio. This is where a dlna profile would need to be used to get the audio to transcode.

noobensis
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Right so it tried to direct play to miracast, but your tv didn't like it because it doesn't support the audio. This is where a dlna profile would need to be used to get the audio to transcode.

I am not sure i understand. My TV doesn't play either way, be it directly via Network dlna or miracast. I think the server should transform the audio format into something that the TV understands. Clearly DTS 5.1 is not working

1 minute ago, noobensis said:

I think the server should transform the audio format into something that the TV understands.

Right but the server doesn't know what the TV supports, you have to tell it via the dlna profile system.

We are working on adding some primitive automatic detection but even that is impossible to be made perfect automatically, because the protocol information supplied to us doesn't give us a complete picture of what the TV supports. But it can be used as a starting point so that's what we're looking at.

So the default dlna profile out of the box assumes your device can play everything.

noobensis
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Right but the server doesn't know what the TV supports, you have to tell it via the dlna profile system.

We are working on adding some primitive automatic detection but even that is impossible to be made perfect automatically, because the protocol information supplied to us doesn't give us a complete picture of what the TV supports. But it can be used as a starting point so that's what we're looking at.

So the default dlna profile out of the box assumes your device can play everything.

Excellent! Then it means i can create such a profile and manually tell Emby to convert all audio to some standard stereo? Could you point me to some info regarding that?

Thank you

On 4/13/2021 at 3:09 PM, noobensis said:

Excellent! Then it means i can create such a profile and manually tell Emby to convert all audio to some standard stereo? Could you point me to some info regarding that?

Thank you

Right now the dlna profile editing is a more advanced part of the server, but @cayars will be working on writing a guide for it. Thanks.

• Like 2