Emby "DLNA Play To" Philips 32PFS5803/12 not working

jackti

BlueIronEye

No sorry, i edited my comment.. I was too fast. I thought that i have already deleted all my libaries. After i deleted the second libary it didnt crash. It showed no content. Sorry for the confusion

Edited by BlueIronEye

OK that's good news. That means it can connect, but then it doesn't like something about the content so it crashes. Let's try this. Please create one home videos library with a folder containing one single mp4 video. Like this mp4 for example:

http://techslides.com/sample-webm-ogg-and-mp4-video-files-for-html5

Does it crash then?

Nadir Martin Perdomo

I have a question. I'm from Cuba and I'm using emby. I hava 80 client in my net, sometime my micro goes up and I do not know why it hapens. can I do something about this?

I have a question. I'm from Cuba and I'm using emby. I hava 80 client in my net, sometime my micro goes up and I do not know why it hapens. can I do something about this?

Hi, what do you mean by your micro goes up?

BlueIronEye

OK that's good news. That means it can connect, but then it doesn't like something about the content so it crashes. Let's try this. Please create one home videos library with a folder containing one single mp4 video. Like this mp4 for example:

http://techslides.com/sample-webm-ogg-and-mp4-video-files-for-html5

Does it crash then?

It does not crash! It worked. That means i have some content which the tv mioght not be able to read or to interpret`?

Yes exactly. Or it may not like the way we're presenting some of your content to it, that's possible too.

BlueIronEye

Okay, so those are the playback formats the tv support accoridng to the manual.

"Playback formats • Video Codec : AVI, MKV, HEVC, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, WMV9/VC1, VP9, HEVC (H.265) • Audio Codec : MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA (v2 up to v9.2), WMA-PRO (v9 and v10) • Subtitles : - Format: SRT, SMI, SSA, SUB, ASS, TXT - Character encodings : UTF-8, Central Europe and Eastern Europe (Windows-1250), Cyrillic (Windows-1251), Greek (Windows-1253), Turkish (Windows-1254), Western Europe (Windows-1252) • Maximum Supported Data Rate : – MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) is supported up to High Profile @ L5.1. 30Mbps – H.265 (HEVC) is supported up to Main / Main 10 Profile up to Level 5.1 40Mbps – VC-1 is supported up to Advanced Profile @ L3"

I just do a "quick" analyse of my files..I will give you feedback as soon as i have finished. I might need a script :D 

Thank you so far for your support :)!

BlueIronEye

okay, linux is great :D for all wondering:

Recrusive Version

find . -type f | sed -e 's/.*\.//' | sed -e 's/.*\///' | sort -u

Source --->https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1842254/how-can-i-find-all-of-the-distinct-file-extensions-in-a-folder-hiera

Those are the file extension:

for the ibary "movies":

• avi
  • db
  • html
  • idx
  • img
  • IMG
  • iso
  • jpg
  • JPG
  • log
  • m2ts
  • m3u
  • mkv
  • mp4
  • nfo
  • png
  • rar
  • sfv
  • srt
  • ssa
  • sub
  • tmp
  • txt

for the libary "series":

• avi
  • idx
  • jpg
  • mkv
  • mp4
  • nfo
  • r00
  • r01
  • r02
  • r03
  • r04
  • r05
  • r06
  • r07
  • r08
  • r09
  • r10
  • r11
  • r12
  • r14
  • r15
  • r16
  • r17
  • rar
  • sfv
  • SFV
  • srt
  • ssa
  • sub
  • url

Do you think he might try to interprate all of the not supported extension?

Edited by BlueIronEye

It probably sees one unsupported file and that crashes the whole TV i guess.

BlueIronEye

Thats unfornutae. Is there a way to create a profile that shows only the supported extensions? (maybe if you add them manually to the profile)

BlueIronEye

wait. i just remember, that when i connect my HDD to my Fritzbox  i can play my movies and series.

Thats unfornutae. Is there a way to create a profile that shows only the supported extensions? (maybe if you add them manually to the profile)

Yes, we just don't include one with the server. It's also possible that it could vary between Philips models/years.

BlueIronEye

wait. i just remember, that when i connect my HDD to my Fritzbox  i can play my movies and series.

But hoiw can this be explained?

But hoiw can this be explained?

Sorry I don't quite understand. What does that have to do with Philips?

BlueIronEye

Sorry I don't quite understand. What does that have to do with Philips?

When I open the network menu of the Phillips TV, I have two DLNA servers to choose from: Emby and the fritz box. If I plug in the same hard disk, which was previously connected to the Emby server, to the Fritz box I can play the content from the hard disk without the tv crashing. If I now plug the hard disk to the emby server, the TV will crash. That means it has nothin to do with the file extensions, or am i wrong?

Edited by BlueIronEye

Does fritz box have any transcoding for file types that Philips doesn't support?

• 3 months later...

I have about the same issue on a Philips TV. I have 2 LGs and none have this problem.

When I activate DLNA in the TV, I can see the server, then I access the server and I see an infinite list of folders. I actually have only one Library, named "Joaqui"(my sons name) but in the list I see that name repeated infinitely, and that seems to crash the TV app. I have to power off and on the TV to see DLNA again.

On 7/15/2020 at 5:08 PM, mfgea said:

I have about the same issue on a Philips TV. I have 2 LGs and none have this problem.

When I activate DLNA in the TV, I can see the server, then I access the server and I see an infinite list of folders. I actually have only one Library, named "Joaqui"(my sons name) but in the list I see that name repeated infinitely, and that seems to crash the TV app. I have to power off and on the TV to see DLNA again.

How old is your Philips?

Thanks. I think I will have to get my hands on a Philips so that I can test this personally.

I don't have much experience on C# developing. I don't even use Windows (I'm on a Mac right now). But I do have some programming expertise. I might be able to help if you give me a little guidance. For starters:

- Is there any docs on cross-compiling this for linux on a mac? (I'm running Emby on a Raspberry Pi 3, I write code in a Mac)

- Which file exposes the DNLA folders?

On 7/21/2020 at 11:55 AM, mfgea said:

- Which file exposes the DNLA folders?

What do you mean by this?

I really don't know DLNA terminology, so I'll explain:

When I connect to the server through DLNA, I first see a list of servers, after I select Emby I see a list of folders (which are the collections names). Where is that code? Which files?

And after that (supposing that it works) I see folders like "Latest, "Genres", "Folders", etc.

• 2 weeks later...

@mfgea It's in the Dlna plugin. I can give you access to that if you want to try and chase down the problem. I think this one is going to be really hard to find. There's probably something in our xml responses that needs to be tweaked specifically for Philips. It's probably going to require comparing xml responses to other software that does work with Philips, as well as looking at the sequence of communications from Philips to Emby server to see how far it gets before it gives us, and then trying to compare that something else that works. You could do that even before debugging the plugin, perhaps using something like wireshark to intercept responses and compare.