Emby "DLNA Play To" Philips 32PFS5803/12 not working

jackti

jackti

Hi there,

I've been enjoying mostly trouble free emby usage for a year or two now. I've been using the "Play To"-feature a lot because of it's convenience, but since I received a Philips 32PFS5803/12 as a gift the other day I've been struggling with it.

Hoping I can get some help here in figuring out what's wrong.

Some info:

- "Play To" works fine on other devices in my home.

- I'm able to play media on the Philips TV using BubbleUPNP and MiniDLNA server, but not BubbleUPNP and emby DLNA server.

- I'm able to browse the MiniDLNA-server (used same hardware for this as the one emby is running on) and play media from it using the Philips TV UI.

- I'm not able to browse the emby DLNA-server and play media from it using the Philips TV UI (the TV froze at one attempt, and I had to yank the cable).

- I've made a "first attempt" DLNA Profile for the Philips TV, which I'm attaching, but it also does not work with the default profile.

I've attached some logs that might help. I did the following:

1) Start tcpdump of all traffic to/from 192.168.1.44 (Philips TV)

2) Restart the emby server (HAL9000 / 192.168.1.100)

3) Boot the TV up.

4) Select "Play To" Philips 32PFS5803/12 on my Laptop (192.168.1.21)

5) Hit "Play" at about "10:38:00" 

6) Observe a "loading circle" on the TV for .5 secs before black screen and then nothing.

Sorry for the superfluous DLNA traffic from a emulated Windows guest machine (192.168.1.22) in the logs. It is running on the same hardware as emby, and got caught in the tcpdump I ran on the host machine since they share a common NIC. I didn't notice it until afterwards. Also it was silly of me to attempt to play a media file that had to be transcoded for this, but the same happens with files the TV can play directly.

The "dmr.xml" I've attached I pulled from the TV, I don't know if that's any help.

I can post a log of a working session with MiniDLNA to the same Philips TV if that is helpful at all.. I'm not familiar with these protocols.

dmr.xml

embyserver.log.txt

Philips Smart TV.xml

tcpdump.txt

Edited by jackti

Hi, what are you trying to play? I would probably suggest starting with something basic such as an mp4 with h264. This will help us confirm the basic communications are functional. Also have you tried music such as an MP3?

jackti

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've tried playing all kinds of files: mp4, mkv, 264, 265, aac, mp3.. It's a fairly new TV model (2018), and it's supposed to play all these things and more directly according to the documentation. The first thing I tried to play when I got the TV was a regular mp3 music file, but even that will not play. I tried again now and will post the (emby) log. Let me know if I can provide something else like a tcpdump.

Also, I removed the custom DLNA profile I had started on for this, so this is using the Default here.

What happens is the TV will show a loading circle for just a fraction of a second and then the screen will just remain black. If I try to play some other file after the first attempt I will get a "705 Transport Locked" error in the logs. The 705 error will keep appearing every time I try to play a file until i've power cycled the TV, and then I get one try before it stays locked again, and so on.

When I use the DLNA-browser from the TV itself, it will happily browse and play (compatible files) from other DLNA-servers like MiniDLNA and kodi.

When I try to browse the emby DLNA-server (the server shows up in the list) it will not list the contents. It's like the TV DLNA-browser crashes and restarts when the emby-server is selected in the list.

2_mp3_embyserver.log.txt

Edited by jackti

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Are you on Emby Server 4.2.1? Unfortunately I don't have a Philips TV for testing but a lot of improvements have been made for other devices.

• 5 months later...

I've got the same problem.

Perhaps it could be related to this? https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/issues/1493

Apparently .Net Core versions before 3.0 have some issues when parsing some Content-Type formatting: https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/pull/33280

My understanding is that Emby uses .NET Core 2.1.2, could this be the problem?

Can you attach the emby server log? thanks.

Sorry.. after enabling the option for debug logging for Dlna (and honestly I don't remember if I maybe tweaked some other options, but the Dlna is still enabled) the Dlna server somehow stopped showing up so I cannot reproduce it anymore.

Not just in the Philips TV but also VLC and in the Windows list of networking devices, other dlna devices show but just not the raspberry pi with emby, even though it was showing fine before. I can reach the web server fine, somehow the upnp discovery doesn't work.

Below is a gist with the log, but I did not manage to get any activity going on in the Dlna because it does not show up.

https://gist.github.com/Ferk/120a8674e15528bf6f56b8bc77db4dd4

Edited by Ferkv

Sorry.. after enabling the option for debug logging for Dlna (and honestly I don't remember if I maybe tweaked some other options, but the Dlna is still enabled) the Dlna server somehow stopped showing up so I cannot reproduce it anymore.

Not just in the Philips TV but also VLC and in the Windows list of networking devices, other dlna devices show but just not the raspberry pi with emby, even though it was showing fine before. I can reach the web server fine, somehow the upnp discovery doesn't work.

Below is a gist with the log, but I did not manage to get any activity going on in the Dlna because it does not show up.

https://gist.github.com/Ferk/120a8674e15528bf6f56b8bc77db4dd4

Can you update to the latest version of Emby Server? The version you're currently running is over a year old now.

• 1 month later...
BlueIronEye

Hey, i have an Phillip SMart TV - "50PUS6704/12". Everytime i try to open my server via DLNA the TV goes Black and i have to perform a hard reset. I hav etrie a fewq things now, creating seperate pofiles, updating to other versions, but nothing seems to work. 

The Server specs: Ubuntu 18.04.3, EMby-Server 4.4.0.40

The TV: Phillips 50PUS6704/12 Newest Version

YOu can find the Logfiles attached. Thank you in advance :) The Debugging is on. I startet the TV at 2020-04-03 16:36:02.371.

i hope you can help me :)

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

BlueIronEye

Emby Support.zip

Edited by BlueIronEye

Hey, i have an Phillip SMart TV - "50PUS6704/12". Everytime i try to open my server via DLNA the TV goes Black and i have to perform a hard reset. I hav etrie a fewq things now, creating seperate pofiles, updating to other versions, but nothing seems to work. 

The Server specs: Ubuntu 18.04.3, EMby-Server 4.4.0.40

The TV: Phillips 50PUS6704/12 Newest Version

YOu can find the Logfiles attached. Thank you in advance :) The Debugging is on. I startet the TV at 2020-04-03 16:36:02.371.

i hope you can help me :)

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

BlueIronEye

Hi, is this before you're even able to see any content?

Ok, I don't have a Philiips for testing so I don't know what the problem is. If you're willing to do some trial and error tests we can try a few things, although it will be disruptive to your Emby Server installation.

Can you delete all libraries from emby so that it's empty, then try to connect with the tv?

Does the tv still crash, or does it connect and show empty content?

Hmm OK. So that means there's something about the early discovery communications that it doesn't like.