Local and cloud libraries

schmitty

schmitty

Hello,

I would like some clarification please. I currently have three tv and two movie libraries setup. I have a local and cloud library for tv and movies, and I set up a third tv library which merges the local and cloud tv libraries, which I only access at the moment for testing. The idea was to, while I am in the process of moving media across to the cloud have one library which merges the two together... for some reason though, it doesn't seem to work that way. It is showing duplicate series... one from local and one from cloud, instead of merging the two.

post-2462-0-56426500-1553229154_thumb.png

post-2462-0-45615900-1553229162_thumb.png

post-2462-0-64037400-1553229548_thumb.png

Edited by schmitty

Make sure to turn on the series grouping feature for that library, as well as making sure the series have the same tvdb & imdb id's.

I would like some clarification please. I currently have three tv and two movie libraries setup. I have a local and cloud library for tv and movies, and I set up a third tv library which merges the local and cloud tv libraries,

You can't do this.

You have media that belongs to 2 different libraries and this isn't supported.  All media needs to belong to ONLY 1 LIBRARY.

So you either need to have the 2 different libraries on the 1 merged library but not the combination of the two.

schmitty

So you either need to have the 2 different libraries on the 1 merged library but not the combination of the two.

I don't follow. I thought I did have it set up the way you suggested.

schmitty

Why would it be showing duplicated series then, if imbd and tvdb id's are the same, and the library is set up correctly?

schmitty

Using both local and cloud file and network paths, and having the series grouping feature enabled

schmitty

Wouldn't that mean this particular library should actually merge duplicate series, with the way I have it configured?

The fact one of the paths is in the cloud should be irrelevant to Emby because you've mounted it in a way that we just see it as a location.

Have you verified the IDs are actually identical?

Can we see the two Emby items in the metadata manager that shows their paths and the IDs so maybe we can spot something?

Thanks.

schmitty

It is the DizzleFlix Series1 library, which is the TV series library that merges the local and cloud libraries.

schmitty

I used 

sudo cp -Rv /var/lib/emby /srv/.config/emby

then deleted metadata and cache directories, as they are on separate volumes.

I then changed EMBY_DATA=/var/lib/emby to

EMBY_DATA=/srv/.config/emby

in /etc/emby-server.conf

Edited by schmitty