Live TV On Now in Full Screen

d21mike

d21mike

Feature Request for Apple TV (mainly):

When you go into Live TV you see the tabs "Programs   Guide    Channels   Recordings ........"

When you click on Programs the first row is "On Now" which you can scroll to the right for all of the channels.  Looks to be sorted by what you have recently watched.

I would prefer an "On Now" tab at the top and when you select it you get all the On Now shows on as few pages as possible.  It would be similar to the Channels Tab but would have what is on at the moment instead of the Channels Logo.  I.E. On Now Pictures.

I very seldom use Programs (except for On Now) and pretty much never use Channels Tab (but I could see it as something interesting for browsing).

The idea is that is you just want to see what is On Now on any channel this is a very nice and quick way to see everything that is currently on.

Emby seems to focus on allowing customers to customize the interface.  I would like to see you continue that throughout the UI.  Not every one would like my On Now but if we could pick what tabs show that would be ideal.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hi.  The "Programs" tab is what is on now - it is just presented to you in rows of categories so that you could more quickly find something specific (or of a specific type) to watch.

d21mike

Hi.  The "Programs" tab is what is on now - it is just presented to you in rows of categories so that you could more quickly find something specific (or of a specific type) to watch.

I understand what is there.  I am asking/suggesting a new feature.  I mention that in my post.  My wife uses the Channels App where they show 4 per row and about 2 1/2 rows per page.  Very nice App.  They are always in the same order so she knows exactly where the various channels are.  So with roughly 50 channels that is about 5 pages to scan.  She absolutely loves this view.  So, unlikely she will use Emby for Live TV because it does not have what she feels is far superior to any other UI.  For me I like the On Now which shows my most recent shows since I seldom watch more than a few Live TV Shows (mostly News).  But when (seldom) I look for what is on Live TV besides what I normally watch I also like the full screen On Now View.  We have been using Plex for our Movie Library and now starting to use Emby for that purpose.  And since it also has the Live TV option I was thinking she may want to use it while already there looking at what Movies to watch.  We also have some TV Shows there as well.  Anyway, I thought you might like some feedback from one of your customers.

Okay.  Right now, this is the way we are showing this screen across all of the apps (broken out by category).  If we change it, we will want to change it everywhere.

Thanks for the feedback.