Resume Capability for External Player (MPC-HC) in Emby Theater

CFC

Would like to be able to resume playback using external player such as MPC-HC with Emby Theater.

This was possible with Emby on WMC,activated through the "web interface" in MPC-HC somehow. Just switched my HTPC to Win 10 and did not realize it was not a feature with ET.

Thanks,

CFC

• Like 1

Yea because EMC has special knowledge of how mpc-hc works, so that's how it's able to do this.

Gotcha.

Does that mean that ET doesn't know how mpc-hc works and resume is not possible?

Thanks,

CFC

Edited by CFC

It's a generic external player launcher. It doesn't have any special knowledge of how any particular external player works.

daedalus

"special knowlage" :huh:, its just a web interface

this was requested multiple times long time ago

this will never happen, emby just don't want you to be able use this feature in ET, and nobody will ever know why

It's a generic external player launcher. It doesn't have any special knowledge of how any particular external player works.

didn't know that there is absolute no way that you can change this :rolleyes:<_<

Edited by daedalus

We are actively monitoring this for community feedback relative to other feature requests. Thanks

I understand, that's why I requested that it does that as a new feature.

I was simply stating that we know it's at least possible with MPC-HC, given that it was implemented with Emby for WMC.

Hope it's taken up, but it doesn't seem like there is any interest from your end.

Thanks for looking,

CFC

daedalus

We are actively monitoring this for community feedback relative to other feature requests. Thanks

so there were 100s of people screaming they want this feature exclusively for WMC?

i don't think so, WMC client just had it implemented before and kept/ported it over to emby

and when "designing" ET, you just forgot about or didn't respect the existing features

it's sad that ET is so far from what it should be, your flagship client

Emby Theater has a stronger internal player, which therefore reduces the need for this. Yea I realize there are some who still want it, but many just use the internal player and are happy with it.

Please tell me what you would like us to do, are we to ignore feature requests that affect larger numbers of users so that we can work on this? We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks.

daedalus

i'm sick of telling the same things over and over again

i will simply tick this off as "will never happen" and forget it

• Like 1

mguebert

I would definitely like this feature. I want to use MadVR, the internal player won't communicate with my projector and automatically change lens memories and lamp intensity.

• Like 1

shpitz461

Emby Theater has a stronger internal player, which therefore reduces the need for this. Yea I realize there are some who still want it, but many just use the internal player and are happy with it.

Please tell me what you would like us to do, are we to ignore feature requests that affect larger numbers of users so that we can work on this? We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks.

That might be the case, but if you recall my issue with freezing mk3D remuxes with internal MPV player was never resolved and the ball was completely dropped.

Same file plays fine directly with mpv.exe while the same mpv.exe will freeze every 26 minutes when playing an mk3d file (which is a 3D MVC remux of a 1080p bluray).

My thread: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58705-emby-theater-desktop-playback-of-3d-movie-remuxes-mk3d-or-mkv-containers-freezes-after-26-minutes/

Edited by shpitz461

Rodiefs

I use MPC player instead of the internal player and would like to see this as well. I use MPC on most of my clients for several reasons but primarily because it's easier to zoom to widescreen feature. Use the pan and scan feature to go to full screen and avoid bars at the top-bottom of screen.

Jdiesel

I use madVR because of its ability to support 3Dluts, it's ability to map HDR to SDR, and for MVC playback.

When I eventually upgrade my projector to 4K, HDR passthrough will be another reason I continue using it over the internal player.

I have gotten by fine until now without playback tracking as I typically watch a movie start to finish when I'm using my home theater but I wouldn't argue that it wouldn't be a welcome feature.