Chromecast doesn't appear anymore

schelini

schelini

Hello,

After updating the emby app none of my chromecasts show up anymore. My emby app was last updated yesterday and the release notes are related to chromecast so I believe this update is what broke it. My chromecasts show up in other apps like netflix and youtube. Let me know if you need any more information

Hi, try giving it a minute after starting up the app. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Brendon

All Chromecast devices are not working for me either but only on my Galaxy S10+, they still show up fine on the Galaxy TAB. Possibly an issue with Emby on Android 9.0? The tablet is 8.0

schelini

It doesn't seem to matter how long I wait. If they don't appear when the app starts up then it won't ever detect the chromecasts. They did show up once after repeatedly opening and closing the app but haven't been able to repeat that.

I am on android 8.0.0

RyutheSlayer

Same thing here with two different phone android, no more Chromecast option, but with Netflix and YouTube is working fine, but on the pc version emby see my chromecast !

chef

I can also confirm that from Android app (pixel XL), but, unusually Netflix won't find the Chromecast either.

I will return after further investigation.

Same issue with Pixel 2 and Android Version 9.  Once in a while if I restart the Android device it will show up, but usually only once.  After that the playback status stops working and the casting icon is dimmed, so no control of the movie that is currently playing, even though it plays fine.

schelini

That version works better but not perfectly. Most of the chromecasts are discovered now but have to open and close the app a few times until the one I want to cast to appears.

It's almost like it stops scanning shortly after the app opens and doesn't give itself enough time to discover the chromecasts. Also the list doesn't update ever. For example if I unplug a chromecast it stays in the list until restarting the app.

osealion

Having the same issue with a Pixel 1. Device scanning seems very hit or miss. Have to close and reopen the app and often it still doesn't detect devices that are visible from other apps and from the Android built-in screen mirror chromecast option.

Will try the new build and report back.

Feature request: A refresh button on the dialog to rescan for devices so we don't have to restart the app?

*Update*

@@Luke - tried the new build, same issue. Let me know if you want the logcat.

Thank you.

Edited by osealion