Cloud Sync Not Working

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

I'm experimenting with cloud sync to alleviate some stress on my limited internet connection. My understanding is that Emby converts it to the required format, copies it to the cloud and then if the format and bit rate is suitable, will by default play it from the cloud directly bypassing my internet connection?

I'm using google drive and have it all setup. I have synced a TV series with it. When i browse to an episode that i have confirmed is in Google cloud and press play, it will play from the server at my current bit rate limit. I can see this from looking at network traffic entering and leaving my network.

If i select the "version" as "google drive" it then proceeds to download the file from the cloud, transcode it and then stream it from my connection. It seems at the moment that it is still going by the 2mb limit i have set under "Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps)"

Why does emby not detect the end users speed and stream it directly from the cloud? This would be the main use case for using the cloud, so that I can stream high quality externally and still have the 2mb per stream limit in place for things that come directly from the server.

Secondly, why do I need to select a "version". I thought the point was Emby could tell it was available in the cloud and would play it directly from that source (unless on the local network that the emby server is on)?

A few other issues / requests

If I go to the sync tab and remove the download, it deletes it from the Emby database but leaves the file in the cloud. Is it possible to get a setting to control if the file stays or is deleted? EDIT: Clarification, it deletes the file but not the folder structure 

On the cloud storage, the episode is just done by name. Could we get the option to show episode number as well? 

Edited by spudd

The version on google drive has a bitrate that exceeds the user's in-app quality setting:

Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 6168258, max bitrate: 6002144

I would go into the app's playback settings and take a look at the configured playback quality settings.

The cloud sync feature will not force direct play from the cloud , it still has to be supported media and is still subject to bitrate settings, except for the server setting "Internet streaming bitrate limit (Mbps)" - this is obviously ignored with cloud content because it would not apply.

runtimesandbox

this should not be the case. With the mobile app i tried both the "auto" setting and the "1080p, 10mb/s" which would is well above the quality of this file.

Also, in the mobile app the "Version" selection dropdown only shows up after pressing play whilst it does the initial load

Also, in the mobile app the "Version" selection dropdown only shows up after pressing play whilst it does the initial load

Try waiting a few seconds after opening up the detail screen.

Regarding quality selections, i can only comment on what i see, and that's what i see in the log. If you can produce another example, that would be great. thanks.

runtimesandbox

So i have just tried it with a TV show called "Warren"

It is synced to the cloud at original quality but with the "mobile" option checked. 

When i attempt to play it from the server on a remote computer that has 100mb/s internet, it does not override the bitrate limit and shows as "transcoding"

https://imgur.com/a/upIcgox

If i manually select the source as "Cloud" from the drop down list, it still gets streamed from the server and transcoded. Stats for nerds shows "Exceeds bit rate limit"

https://imgur.com/a/48g6zAJ

PM'd you new log with debugging enabled 

• 4 weeks later...
runtimesandbox

I'm getting this issue a lot when I am trying to sync to the cloud

https://imgur.com/a/eASQt2l

If i click it, it shows some shows synced and a whole load failed. There isn't anyway to tell the failed ones to resync unless i am missing something? Can we get an option added to retry failed synced items for a specific device?

runtimesandbox

Have just updated to the latest server and tried cloud streaming again. 

The original problem is fixed and it now attempts to direct stream

It also takes a good 30 + seconds for a stream to start

I played one item okay however when i tried another i got the error "No compatible streams available" 

Looking in the emby error log I see:

Processor count: 14
    Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    Google.GoogleApiException: The service drive has thrown an exception: Google.GoogleApiException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
    User Rate Limit Exceeded. Rate of requests for user exceed configured project quota. You may consider re-evaluating expected per-user traffic to the API and adjust project quota limits accordingly. You may monitor aggregate quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/drive.googleapis.com/quotas?project=xxxxx[403]
    Errors [
        Message[User Rate Limit Exceeded. Rate of requests for user exceed configured project quota. You may consider re-evaluating expected per-user traffic to the API and adjust project quota limits accordingly. You may monitor aggregate quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/drive.googleapis.com/quotas?project=xxxxxx] Location[ - ] Reason[userRateLimitExceeded] Domain[usageLimits]
    ]

runtimesandbox

Any reason why? All I did was play one item for 5 mins, stop it and then try another.

Also any reason a stream from Google drive takes 30+ seconds to load compared to one direct from the server?

I'm not sure, i haven't seen this in my testing.

Also any reason a stream from Google drive takes 30+ seconds to load compared to one direct from the server? 

Because first we have to use their api to get a temporary authorization.