Home page netflix genre selection

CBaldwinJ89

CBaldwinJ89

Wondering if there's a possibility yet for the homepage to show each genre of movies with a random selected movies and some latest movies? I have been bouncing between plex and emby trying to find the best suit for me. I have a lot of movies. This option would be the best because then some of my older movies would get the dust dusted from them and actually watched now and again.

Outbound

like in the catagories of: next up, latest and continue watching- it would be cool if there was a "random pick".

I'm not sure if that is what OP was asking, but thought I would put in my two cents.

CBaldwinJ89

I've attached something like the sort. On the home screen of emby you have multi options of sections, why not add more versatile selections.

Home screen section 3

Movies - show latest

Home screen section 4

Movies - show random

Home screen section 5

Movies - show genre comedy

post-440811-0-54026200-1552949850_thumb.jpg

Edited by CBaldwinJ89
  • Like 2

CBaldwinJ89

Yes and no. Couldn't find it when I searched, I think might we suggest ìs a good idea as well. But I implementing it in the home screen sections is the best options. And giving more drop down options like random, and genre based etc. I could create a little graphic for what I mean a little later

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
CBaldwinJ89

Really like to see something done with this, too many movies are hidden deep within the archives of my database. I'd like to fulfill this even if it's a plugin where we have can have options for genre categories and randomly select nth movies. Or top movies you haven't watched etc. Is it possible to write a plugin like that to manipulate the homepage? I won't hesitate to try writing it I have knowledge in c languages

levander

I would agree on more dynamic on home screen. Just assume one wants to have a definite library (no new content) which is quite large. If apart from continue watching home screen always shows only latest added items (as it is now) it is not only useless but annoying. Appearing random items, collections, persons and playlists would be great.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
DarkAngel81

I know this is an old thread, but this is something I would love to see implemented as well. I have a substantial collection of Movies and TV, and this would help myself, my family, and friends to pick something to watch without endless scrolling, to see if something catches the eye.

• Like 2