Emby app in fire tv causing problems

Soki

Good day my friends,

I am experiencing issues on my fire tv (gen 4) when playing different mkv files. The playback should be

in HD but emby sets it to 2mbits for example and will start lagging hard when going to 5mbit+.

It all seems to go down to the emby app installed on the fire tv because when i play the same file

on my emby app directly installed on my android tv i do not experience such problems and the mkv

is played on 43mbit automaticaly without any lags. Any ideas where I should start looking?

Also another issue is that the android app installed on my tv has the option "show trailer"

which is not shown in the fire tv app... I thought they should be the same? Can I install

the app used on my tv installed via google play store on the fire tv too?

thanks

bests

Soki

Hi.  The Fire TV is a different device with a different network connection and different hardware so the performance will all depend on those details.

If the app is setting the bitrate down automatically, that would suggest the network connection on the Fire is not very good.  Have you looked into that?

Hi. Well, my fire tv is connected via 100mbit lan, my android tv via wlan 5ghz wlan. Technicaly the 5ghz wlan ist faster. But what stands out is the fact that I recently updated emby from 3.x to newest 4.x. Before that I had absolutely no issues using fire tv.

I will go through my setup this weekend again and see what i can find.

Let us know how you get on. If you still have an issue, let's go over a specific example. Thanks.