Manually add to group versions

rapteev

rapteev

Hello all

On emby server If I manually add two or more versions of a movie to a group version that do not reflect on emby for kodi. I have to do a complete manual refresh of movie library for that change take effect.

Is this expected behavior?

If you need a log let me know. Later I can send it.

Thank you very much.

Angelblue05

I will have to see what can be done. Yes it is expected, this kind of information is not provided by the server, I have a fix in place for episodes, but not for movies. I have to test the api to see if I can detect if a movie should be considered grouped or not.

• 3 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Not really. Unfortunately the server doesn’t provide a way to know this information. I’ve checked the api and I haven’t found a workaround... yet.

• 1 month later...
rapteev

Hi Angelblue

Any news on this?

I find this plugin (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63643-automatic-version-grouping-for-movies/) that works very well, and now every time a movie is added that already exist it auto group, but emby for kodi do not so every time I have to do a manual update on my 3 shield boxes.

I hope you find a solution for this.

Thank you for your great work.

Edited by rapteev

Angelblue05

I actually don't seem to have that problem or at least I can't replicate. I had a single movie. Then added another version within the folder. One entry was removed, one entry was added. Still only a single entry in the Kodi database but when I playback, I pick whichever version.

How can I replicate your scenario?

Edited by Angelblue05

rapteev

OK, is on first post:

Let say that I have 2 versions of same movie , one on c:\movies\4k and another on d:\movies\1080 and I want to keep both versions, but I want only one entry on emby. In this case I can manually group the 2 versions and on emby server only appears one entry with the 2 versions, but on emby for Kodi continue to appear both versions unless I do a manual update of my movies library.

The plugin that I refer is for emby server, and it does the work of adding versions automatically.

The problem is that on emby for Kodi that changes do not reflect and we have to manually update movies library each time that we group 2 or more versions of a movie.

Edited by rapteev

Angelblue05

Is 4k and 1080 in the same library? Or they are two movie libraries. Then in Emby, you select the movies via in the interface > group version?

rapteev

Yes they are in same library, and in emby I select the movies via in the interface > group version

Edited by rapteev
  • Like 1

Aleta

Hi

I also will love this feature on emby for kodi if it is possible to implement it. I also have different versions of same movies scattered on different drives and manually grouped them on emby server.

This is the only missing thing on my setup.

Rapteev: thank you for the posting the link for that plugin that auto group movies versions.

horstepipe

Are the requirements for this to the server the same as for auto syncing box sets?

Ruyiop

Hello

For me emby + emby for kodi is the best setup ever made for kodi.

Concerning the feature described here I too hope it go through.

Great work on this awesome plugin Angelblue.

Thank you .

• Like 1

pipo7

Hi

I also will love this feature on emby for kodi if it is possible to implement it. I also have different versions of same movies scattered on different drives and manually grouped them on emby server.

This is the only missing thing on my setup.

Rapteev: thank you for the posting the link for that plugin that auto group movies versions.

The status was changed to in-progress , so there is hope that Angelblue can implement this.

Angelblue05

This should be fixed with 4.0.23

Repair your libraries first. Then moving forward, it should behave correctly.

• Like 1