Sync download - Music Playlist Support

abescalamis

abescalamis

Can you add playlist support to the sync and download option?

The feature is awesome for movies, but for music it needs to have a way to play a playlist.

I wanted to use the sync and download for music to not use my phone data, I normally use all in 2 weeks.

I use Emby on my phone and then I connect it to the car to listen to music.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

abescalamis

Hi, it's planned for the future. thanks !

Thanks Luke, I noticed that the "download and sync" function is mainly for movies, because for music is useless because of the following, I hope that you can give some love to the premiere features because cinema mode doesn't work either, those features should be the priority.

1) The user doesn't have any control in what order the music is play, regardless of the sorting you choose, the left picture is sorted by "date added" and the right picture is sorted by "Name", instead it creates the same playlist.

5c8ee8eb37997_20190317_173244COLLAGE.jpg

2) This is a screenshot of the playlist Emby creates and is always the same and if you try to save it, it will show the loading circle forever and the emby app has to be force to close, and that makes it pointless to change the order of the songs since it cannot be save.

5c8ee9b553c9f_Screenshot_20190317172358_

3) The sort and filter menu is literally the one for movies not for music, the left screenshot shows the menu for the downloaded music and the right screenshot shows how it should be.

5c8eea695d206_20190317_172715COLLAGE.jpg

5c8fe590c697c_20190318_112559COLLAGE.jpg

Edited by abescalamis

• 2 weeks later...
abescalamis

Yes we are looking into improving this, thanks.

You are awesome Thank you!

The most annoying and problematic of all, is issue #1, "not being able to play music in the order you choose in the sorting: Date added, Date Played, Name, etc". That issue alone makes it hard to use emby to play saved/sync music in the phone if you could only fix that issue, everything else can wait as long as needed.

To play the local music that emby downloaded I'm using a music player that I got from the google store.

• 1 month later...

You are awesome Thank you!

The most annoying and problematic of all, is issue #1, "not being able to play music in the order you choose in the sorting: Date added, Date Played, Name, etc". That issue alone makes it hard to use emby to play saved/sync music in the phone if you could only fix that issue, everything else can wait as long as needed.

To play the local music that emby downloaded I'm using a music player that I got from the google store.

We'll take a look at this. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 months later...
K1ng_Lear

Yeah it would be nice for iOS devices, too. I synced different music to my phone an want to play only a part of them by a generated playlist. Especially in a plane, where I don’t have a connection, it‘s really annoying to put the songs together by hand.

• 4 months later...
MBSki

Is there an ETA on the feature to view the downloaded music in the playlist that it was downloaded from? I'm just starting to use the app and downloaded a playlist, but the songs aren't grouped in the playlist. Same thing with tv shows actually. It would be great to have shows and music grouped as they are in the library.

• 3 months later...
MBSki

Yes, understand, but when? I haven't seen anything added to the beta in the past 4 months, could you at least add this feature?

• 1 month later...
MBSki

@LukeThanks for all the new updates today Luke. I didn't see this one get added. Is it high in the queue for the next update?

• 2 years later...
46 minutes ago, kamikaze_worm said:

Is still this in the works. Noticed it had been a while since last update.

Hi, yes it is. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Hi.

Is this still planned? Do you have an estimation on when can it be ready? (I understand it cannot be a promise, just an estimation 🙂 )

Emby offline downloads are not very useful to my concrete use case without the playlist download, and the apps are currently the only thing of Emby premiere I would benefit from.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 1/13/2023 at 7:50 AM, necrosr said:

Hi.

Is this still planned? Do you have an estimation on when can it be ready? (I understand it cannot be a promise, just an estimation 🙂 )

Emby offline downloads are not very useful to my concrete use case without the playlist download, and the apps are currently the only thing of Emby premiere I would benefit from.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't have an ETA, but yes, it is still in our plans.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
KevinChahine

This feature would really make Emby even more useful. Sometimes, I play music without wifi or data and playing downloaded songs though playlists would make things so much better. Also, if a song is already downloaded, it would be nice if the app would play it straight from its local store instead of streaming it over a network. Where I use emby, sometimes networks are choppy especially when traveling.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
consolecable
On 1/16/2023 at 5:23 PM, Luke said:

Hi, I don't have an ETA, but yes, it is still in our plans.

Any update on this? I use it more for video but still.

31 minutes ago, consolecable said:

Any update on this? I use it more for video but still.

Hi, not yet, sorry, but this is planned for future updates.