LG TV UF8517 - Emby 1.0.15 - no sub

muti2
Go to solution Solved by traybourne,

Craftsyl

Cheers, I can confirm that this is not working. Issue is probably the same, but If required, I can try to provided more details.

Thanks

SamES

I think the problem here is that with webos version 1.x/2.x, if there are any internal subs, we have no control over turning them on, off or changing tracks.  This is something we are still need to find a solution for.

In your example, your file has internal subs and they will display regardless of your sub choice.  I somewhat expected that you would actually get both the internal sub and the external srt at the same time, which is also not a good solution.

As a test for me, could you please find a file without any internal subs, only external subs and see if you can turn these on or off?  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
SamES

As a test for me, could you please find a file without any internal subs, only external subs and see if you can turn these on or off?  Thanks

Were you able to test this for me?

• 2 weeks later...
traybourne

I'm having the same problem, subtitles stopped working for me since 1.0.15. Being able to display subs without transcoding is the main reason I started using Emby over Plex, but with this feature no longer working, Emby has been shelved.

I'm having the same problem, subtitles stopped working for me since 1.0.15. Being able to display subs without transcoding is the main reason I started using Emby over Plex, but with this feature no longer working, Emby has been shelved.

@@traybourne can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

traybourne

@@traybourne can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Attached my Emby server log. In the attached, I played Gran Torino on my TV using the Emby app at 17:28 which did not display subtitles despite them being selected. I also de-selected then re-selected the subtitles which did nothing. I confirmed the subtitles are displayed when playing the movie on my PC using Chrome a few minutes earlier at 17:24. My TV is an LG 55LF5950 running webOS 2.

embyserver.txt

Edited by traybourne

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
traybourne

Emby for LG 1.0.19 has been released. Stay tuned for the release announcement on our blog. 

Just tested 1.0.19 on my LG TV and confirmed subtitles are working again for me. Thanks for addressing this!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...