Collections duplicated, then disappear

brownbat

brownbat

UPDATE: Waiting a few hours seems to have resolved all of these issues.

Summary

• I created collections (web), 
  • The collections appear duplicated, 
  • I remove one,
  • Several are removed instead of just that one,
  • I view through the phone app and everything is fine for a bit, 
  • Now I can't log in?

I created a few collections last night, say: 

Westerns

Samurai

Animation

and six or so others.

This morning I had duplicates of each collection, identical contents when I accessed the server through the web.

I tried adding a new image to one of the collections. The new image only affected one of the pairs of collections, so they seemed like completely distinct copies.

I picked one of the duplicate collections and deleted it using the web browser - the three dot menu on the collection and delete. I was expecting that to just remove that duplicated collection (but accepted the risk that it might delete the duplicate and the original as well).

I was surprised when it actually deleted several (5-6?) completely unrelated collections as well.

Is there anything I might be doing that's getting my collections.xml file just randomly mangled?

Note - I've read a few other threads, but this was not triggered by me moving media files, and I'm just using movies, it's NOT a mixed content library with any folders named 'collections' or anything. Typical examples would be: 

The "Westerns" collection included:
\movies\0 - 9, A - B\310 to yuma (1957)\310 to yuma (1957).m4v
\movies\M - N\magnificent seven (1960)\Magnificent Seven (1960).mp4
"Samurai" included:
\movies\S\samurai spy (1965)\samurai spy (1965).m4v
\movies\E - H\hidden blade (2004)\hidden blade (2004).mp4

And others... but since the collections disappeared it's nontrivial to recreate all the entries.

This is the closest I've paid attention, but in the past I could have sworn I've had collections randomly disappear on me. Is disappearing collections a known issue?

Thanks for your time, welcome any requests for additional debugging.

Wait a second. This is really weird. Logging in to the server on my phone (rather than through a Chrome web browser on Windows) suddenly reveals all the original collections just as I created them.

And moments later I can no longer log in through either interface. Strange.

embyserver.txt

embysvr.stdout.txt

embysvr.stderr.txt

Edited by brownbat

brownbat

To be clear, now I get "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again." from either the web browser or the app.

These updated logs are from after the hanging login issue I started to experience during troubleshooting. (The earlier logs were just covering the period of the disappearing collections.)

Maybe the server was just choking on serving the right data from the xml file, leading to weird results, and eventually died?

embyserver.txt

start-stop-status_20190316.log

Edited by brownbat

brownbat

Ok. I waited a few hours and everything fixed itself. All the collections are as originally created, I can log in on either device, everything is back up and running.

Sorry for the interruption, as you were forum.

Hi there, apologies for the disruption. please let us know if you run into this again. Thanks.

I have also encountered that scanning "Love.Death.and.Robots.S01" has two identical collections, which is normal after completion.

I have also encountered that scanning "Love.Death.and.Robots.S01" has two identical collections, which is normal after completion.

Hi there, can  you please explain this a little more? Did you create a collection for a season?