Sync Watched Status and Position of downloaded content

jfgilliam

jfgilliam

I downloaded a show to watch on my iPhone while traveling. That process works great. But, I only got to watch half of it. I would like to recommend that the watched status and position be synced back to the server once a connection is reestablished so I can continue watching on my devices at home at the point where I left off. Also, if completed watched, mark the show watched on the server as well.

BTW, I use Trakt.tv. But it appears that the iPhone will not sync with that. Not expecting that, just want all devices connected to server to have the same watches status whether or not it was watched online of offline.

• Like 1

neik

I downloaded a show to watch on my iPhone while traveling. That process works great. But, I only got to watch half of it. I would like to recommend that the watched status and position be synced back to the server once a connection is reestablished so I can continue watching on my devices at home at the point where I left off. Also, if completed watched, mark the show watched on the server as well.

Can't speak for the iOS app but the Emby for Android app does exactly this.

If I watch a downloaded item it syncs the position/watched status back to the server as soon as I have a working connection again.