EmbyServer process gets shutdown

dnanielsen

dnanielsen

I am experiencing shutdowns of the EmbyServer process when it goes to 100%, it doesn't require much for the process to reach that load when loading images from a library. It doesn't shutdown if I scroll down slowly and let the server load images, but I would appreciate if this can be fixed, so I don't have to kill the embytray process all the time and start the server all over again. It's a big issue at the times I don't have access to the computer to manually kill process and startup Emby again. 

@@Luke I am sending you a log and screen recording where you can watch the issue. 

dnanielsen

Is there some way for me to back up my images including the indicator overlays before deleting the plugin? Because I have changed images on some movies and tv series, and I'd rather not have to re-do that all over again. 

Edit: Could it be an idea to load images in order and only one or a few images at a time and let them be completed before loading the next ones? It is trying to load all the images visible and that's what causing the process to load heavily. 

Edited by dnanielsen

dnanielsen

I uninstalled the plugin now and opened the movie library, it did not make a difference and it still shutdown the process. 

I am sending you a log.

maegibbons

What hardware are you running this on?

It is very unusual to see emby server process anywhere near 100%

Krs

Mark

dnanielsen

CPU - Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz

RAM - Vengeance® Pro Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1866MHz C9 Memory Kit (CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R)
MB - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B85-PLUS (SOCKET 1150)
SSD - 238GB SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series (SATA (SSD)) running Windows 10 Pro where Emby is installed
NAS - Buffalo Linkstation 420D 6TB is where the media files are located

dnanielsen

I tried changing some settings in the CoverArt plugin, and it seems like that helped to fix this. 

My 'treatmens settings': 

Movies: plain (unchanged)

Series and Season: from plain to ignore (changed)

Episode and Thumb: TV (unchanged)

Album: from ? to ignore (don't remember previous, but I changed to ignore)

So, changing some of them to ignore had an immediate positive effect on loading of both Movies (unchanged settings), Series (changed settings), and Podcasts (changed settings) that frequently shutdown the process before. 

It's most likely a crash coming from our image processing library that we're using, and is probably only caused by a certain combination of cover art settings. thanks.

• 1 month later...
dnanielsen

Unfortunately, this is still happening when I apply some CoverArt treatments. 

I found a workaround, if I restrict the number of processes Embyserver.exe is allowed to use (in Windows 10 task manager), from 4 to 3 (it's an quad core CPU), it's not a problem because then Emby doesn't max out at 100% forcing it to shutdown. The problem however, is every time I restart Emby, the settings are back to using all four cores, so I have to remember to manually restrict the process which is annoying. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or if it's possible to restrict Embyserver.exe to use X amount of cores AND have it remember the settings for next time it's restarted? 

dnanielsen

Actually I wasn't able to reproduce it right now, I did the same thing as before, scrolling through a lot of movies to have Emby pull all the covers quickly. I kept an eye on the task manager, and the overall CPU went to 100% but specifically Embyserver.exe maxed out at ~90% this time, whereas earlier that process alone went to 100%

So it might be fixed, not sure if you have changed anything regarding this in the last few betas? I'll report back if it happens again. Thanks