Server Scan for New Movies / TV Shows

d21mike

d21mike

Around 8pm or so I added a new movie to my library.  Later in the evening it still did not show up in Emby.  However, it did show up on Plex shortly after being added.  This morning the movie is there.  Just not sure when it showed up.  But seems like > 1-2 hours is too long to wait.

1.  How frequently does Emby search for new content and is there a setting to make it quicker.

2.  Is there an option to manually "reload" or scan.  Bot option are available with Plex and I could not find them in Emby.

1.  How frequently does Emby search for new content and is there a setting to make it quicker.

The scan runs at whatever interval you configure in scheduled tasks. The default is 12 hours.

2.  Is there an option to manually "reload" or scan. 

There is an advanced setting under each library called the realtime monitor. This is on by default but you could double check on it.

d21mike

The scan runs at whatever interval you configure in scheduled tasks. The default is 12 hours.

There is an advanced setting under each library called the realtime monitor. This is on by default but you could double check on it.

I Changed the library scan schedule to every hour.  But could not find the "advanced setting" under each library called the realtime monitor.  I checked with the WEB UI and my Apple TV.  Could you be more precise?  Under Settings / Library / Movies / Scan Library - found that.  Also, there is a "Scan All Libraries" under Settings / Library.  I assume I tried that last night but did not work.  Could be the wine :)

There is a toggle in each library to show/hide advanced settings. Try flipping that.

d21mike

There is a toggle in each library to show/hide advanced settings. Try flipping that.

Found it.  It was enabled.  So maybe the hourly schedule is what I need on a Synology DS1019.  I am sharing the same folder with my DS918 if that matters.  But just talking about the DS1019.  I will test again when I have a new movie to add.

I wouldn't run a library scan every hour. That seems really aggressive. But yes you can probably find a sweet spot. Thanks.

d21mike

I wouldn't run a library scan every hour. That seems really aggressive. But yes you can probably find a sweet spot. Thanks.

It takes 25 seconds according to the last reporting.  So, not a long time.  But maybe every hour is too much.  But if new content showed up it would be nice if made available soon after.