• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 FurlerFan OFFLINE  

FurlerFan

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 01:08 AM

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:27 AM

Well, I was unable to use a playlist with the Emby Roku app (it won't grab songs in other folders, even when the appropriate relative paths are set), and it won't shuffle either.

However, Emby's DLNA server seems to be much better than Mythtv's (or perhaps it's a password issue...hmmm) but I can use Roku Media Player to shuffle all songs (19,000+) from the Music library on the Emby server,

I like it!

Thanks again!

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 126753 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback !

#23 FurlerFan OFFLINE  

FurlerFan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

As a follow-up to this thread, I started over with the beta (4.1.0.14)  and went ahead and added each genre (Action, Animated, Documentary, Sci-Fi, etc.) as it's own library (mixed content).

That stopped Emby's metadata scan from identifying a whole genre as a single TV show.  

Things look a lot cleaner now.  It would be nice if I could combine all the genres into one meta-library, but c'est la vie.

I get that it's necessary to use different APIs and internet databases to auto-populate metadata, but as I mentioned previously, MythTV (granted, it's been around a lot longer than Emby) does a fabulous job with that, and even prompts you to select the correct movie/show if it gets multiple hits on a particular item.

AFAICT, Mythtv uses multiple scripts to scrape the metadata and will run each in turn if it doesn't get a satisfactory result. 

While that's something of a resource hog (in terms of CPU usage and bandwidth), given the resources of most modern systems and internet connections, coupled with the fact, in most scenarios, after the initial scan only a few items need to be updated, that shouldn't really be a big deal, yes?

It's not clear to me (aside from the relevant internet databases, although many -- imdb in particular -- seem to have fairly complete movie *and* TV listings) what the advantage of requiring separation of movies from TV shows.

From my perspective, I've been managing my own media for decades and have my own organization schema.  The idea that I should completely reorganize nearly 6TB and almost 10,000 video files to get decent metadata matches seems a little much to ask.

I will say (and this isn't a knock at Emby or you, Luke) that forcing people to completely reorganize their video libraries to match arbitrary divisions (Movies vs. TV Shows) is decidedly non-optimal.

That said, I appreciate Emby and all the hard work you guys do to make it functional and easy to use.  

I will continue to work with Emby and see how things go.  I would say that a "shuffle" feature (for all music) in the Emby Roku app (as you have in the web app) would be nice.  IIRC, that's been requested as a feature by others.

Thanks again for all your help!

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 126753 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:06 PM

hi @FurlerFan, thanks for the feedback !

#25 Koml OFFLINE  

Koml

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Local time: 07:08 AM

Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

I have the same issue in TV Shows after upgrade. It sees folder as a single episode.

It has happened to shows with same folder structure as other that dont have this issue.

It happened after updating from 4.0.2.0 to 4.1.0.26 and it did not change after updating to 4.1.1.0

On 4.0.2.0 everything was looking good

5ccee70039927_folderstructure.png5ccee7151521b_foldersareshowing.png

Edited by Koml, 05 May 2019 - 09:41 AM.

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 126753 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:51 PM

There will be fixes for this in the next 4.2 beta. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: library, folders, hidden folders/files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users