Unraid and duplicates

perpetual98

perpetual98

I've been running an Unraid server for a year or so.  Last night I installed the Emby docker on it because my old server was running on a Windows 8.1 HTPC and I've been having nothing but trouble connecting to the Unraid server from that box although all of my Windows 10 boxes are fine.  I think it's an SMB/8.1 issue, but anyway.

I noticed that a lot of my movies are showing up multiple times in Emby because the files may span multiple drives something like:

/mnt/disk1/Movies/The Amazing Spider Man

/mnt/disk2/Movies/The Amazing Spider Man

/mnt/disk3/Movies/The Amazing Spider Man

/mnt/disk4/Movies/The Amazing Spider Man

Is there a way to alleviate this?  I assume that since I'm not super familiar with Dockers and whatnot that maybe I just missed something or have something set up wrong.

Thanks!

perpetual98

No, I think the way that my Unraid is set up, it may spread movies over multiple drives even though they appear as one movie if I went in via explorer and just played the movie from there without going through Emby first.  I'm at work now and I can play with it more tonight after work.  It's probably my unfamiliarity with unix based file systems.

Ok yea we'll probably want to look at how it is configured in emby library setup. thanks.

KMBanana

Don't mount the path to the physical drives in Emby's container.  Mount a share like /mnt/user/<yourMediaLibrary>

• Like 1

perpetual98

Don't mount the path to the physical drives in Emby's container.  Mount a share like /mnt/user/<yourMediaLibrary>

That makes more sense now that you think about it.  I'll play around with that when I get home.