Emby - New User - Questions

eherberg

eherberg

Good Morning!  I've been using Plex for years and have been recently trying Emby in order to assess moving our home streaming needs over.  I have been growing a little dissatisfied with limited custom metadata functionality with Plex as well as limited handling of specials display (particularly in preserving season ordering of specials).  Server is a windows server with 2 clients - Fire Stick in living room and Roku in bedroom.  We do no out-of-home streaming and don't have any users outside of ourselves.  Metadata is saved with the media.

So far - it has gone great.  More importantly - it seems to be passing the wife-acceptance-factor for use as well.

2 questions as I've been using it, however, that I don't know if I'm just missing:

We aren't data-hoarders.  Although we save a few items - the majority of our viewing is watch-and-delete.  I've noticed with Emby that if I delete the last video in a folder (TV Show library) - the show folder itself remains.  The episode and metadata are deleted, but the show still shows in the library (even though there are no episodes left inside).  The behavior with Plex was that if the last episode was deleted, the show folder itself was cleaned up as well.  Am I missing a setting to change that?  Is it because I've got metadata within the folders?  Will the database during a scheduled task clean up at least the display for folders with no video files in them?

2nd question:  With Plex and the Web UI, I could multi-select items for deletion.  In the web-UI in Emby within a season, it appears I can't multi-select and need to use the episode menu options to do the deletions.  I don't see a way to change the episode list, so I don't know if perhaps there is another view to do it from.  Is my best course of action simply to delete from the disk itself and have the library just rescanned?

Thanks for your time in assisting me!