Windows to docker library migration

DelSol

DelSol

Hello, I want to migrate my local windows emby server into a docker image.

I know, that I can use the backup/import plugin, but my library has about 2000 entries and many of them are manual, manual pictures, manual names etc. 

Is there a way to migrate the whole database and everything to my new server and change the library path to the new linux path without rescanning/manually editing all my files?

KMBanana

I reset everything up from scratch when I moved to docker.  After setting up the docker version and adding the libraries I have both versions running concurrently, went through my libraries with each instance open on 1 monitor.  Made it very easy to see what was identified incorrectly during the first library scan or had different names/posters/whatever than what I had set up on windows.  

• Like 1

sugarat

Hmm, I'm new here but concerns about migration are exactly what has recently prompted my move from Plex to Emby.    I have configured Emby to store all metadata as .NFO files, and store images in the directory next to the media file.  This means that I simply point a new Emby server at the directories and it all gets picked up again.  Is that applicable in this case?  Is there any way you can get Emby to write .NFO files and thereby avoid a 'database migration' ?

Hmm, I'm new here but concerns about migration are exactly what has recently prompted my move from Plex to Emby.    I have configured Emby to store all metadata as .NFO files, and store images in the directory next to the media file.  This means that I simply point a new Emby server at the directories and it all gets picked up again.  Is that applicable in this case?  Is there any way you can get Emby to write .NFO files and thereby avoid a 'database migration' ?

Hi @@sugarat, yes this is applicable. You do not need a database migration when you have local nfo files.

• Like 1