Random unwatched shows showing up in Next Up suggestions

inzombyac

N3RO815
Hello.

In the column next up is always a series displayed, which has not yet begun. On the screenshot it is How to Get Away with Murder. But that also changes, then it is arbitrarily another series that has not yet begun.

That should not be so, right?

5d060b8c56440_screen_20190616_112702.png

samuelqwe

This appears resolved in 4.2.0.17

Can confirm, as I am no longer seeing this issue. Finally!

CBers

OK, perhaps it's not quite fixed yet.

I now have random episodes from my daughter's library showing up in my Next Up list.

I have the "Display in home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching" option disabled for the library in the web client and the Android TV client.

Please review @@Luke.

Still seeing random episodes from my daughter's library showing up in my Next Up list.

Beta server v4.2.0.18.

Still seeing random episodes from my daughter's library showing up in my Next Up list.

Beta server v4.2.0.18.

Why do you feel they are random?

Cos they ain't supposed to be there :rolleyes:

Why? Have you explored the watch states of all of the episodes in the series?

CBers

Do you not understand your own software?

When you have the "Display in the home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching" disabled, you don't expect to see the content.

Never used to have it until you broke it, and it seemed to be fixed in the previous beta release, but now it's broken again.

Do you not understand your own software?

When you have the "Display in the home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching" disabled, you don't expect to see the content.

Never used to have it until you broke it, and it seemed to be fixed in the previous beta release, but now it's broken again.

I'm trying to go over this with you from square one. The questions I'm asking will lead us to the answer of why it's showing there.

CBers

I'm trying to go over this with you from square one. The questions I'm asking will lead us to the answer of why it's showing there.

Nothing has changed since the first post.

I'm seeing items in my Next Up row that I shouldn't be seeing.

Not sure how much clearer I can be.

Nothing has changed since the first post.

I'm seeing items in my Next Up row that I shouldn't be seeing.

Not sure how much clearer I can be.

I'm just asking questions so that we can learn specifics. Thanks.

CBers

I'm just asking questions so that we can learn specifics. Thanks.

OK, fair enough.

Why?

The items shouldn't be displayed, full stop.

Happy2Play

@@CBers

Okay, how about an example as I have not seen a issue with rogue Next up items since the fix.  Only issue identified elsewhere is Library Next Up seeing other libraries.

CBers

Okay, how about an example as I have not seen a issue with rogue Next up items since the fix. Only issue identified elsewhere is Library Next Up seeing other libraries.

See post #33 forwards.

I've marked the whole of the 3 shows as watched under my user, but they should never have been displayed in the first place, with to the option mentioned in post #37 not being enabled.

Happy2Play

@@CBers

Are you referring to the new bug listed here about library level Next Up?  This will never apply to Home Screen Next up as it will not be restricted by library.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74713-42018-next-up-bug-with-emby-theatre-308/

But I don't see how any of what you are referring to has to do with this topic.

Edited by Happy2Play

CBers

@@CBers

Are you referring to the new bug listed here about library level Next Up? This will never apply to Home Screen Next up as it will not be restricted by library.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74713-42018-next-up-bug-with-emby-theatre-308/

But I don't see how any of what you are referring to has to do with this topic.

I am seeing episodes from libraries in my Next Up row that shouldn't be there, as stated in post #37.

It's quite simple.

Happy2Play

I am seeing episodes from libraries in my Next Up row that shouldn't be there, as stated in post #37.

It's quite simple.

From my understanding that setting "Display in the home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching" has never applied to Next Up as it is a global query of all TV content.  It only applies to that "Latest" library named section and Continue Watching.

So I still don't see how this is related to the issue reported.

CBers

From my understanding that setting "

Display in the home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching

" has never applied to Next Up as it is a global query of all TV content. It only applies to that "Latest" library named section and Continue Watching.

So I still don't see how this is related to the issue reported.

Read the description.

Happy2Play

Read the description.

I guess that is subject to interpretation, "Display in the home screen sections such as" but does it apply to Next Up.  Has it ever applied to Next Up, I honestly could not say but my interpretation would be no.

The setting is being honored by not showing the Latest libraryname section on Home Screen and not showing the items in Continue Watching.

So without proper context, everything would appear to working as designed.

Edited by Happy2Play

CBers

I guess that is subject to interpretation, "

Display in the home screen sections such as

" but does it apply to Next Up. Has it ever applied to Next Up, I honestly could not say but my interpretation would be no.

The setting is being honored by not showing the Latest libraryname section on Home Screen and not showing the items in Continue Watching.

So without proper context, everything would appear to working as designed.

:rolleyes: