Random unwatched shows showing up in Next Up suggestions

inzombyac

inzombyac

Since the 4.0.2 release I have been seeing random unwatched shows appear in the Next Up section for some of my users.  What is odd is that the entire show is unwatched and it is selecting an episode somewhere in the middle such as Season 6 Episode 4.  After a few days the show will change to another unwatched show and it will pick another episode somewhere in the middle.  Previously I had tried the following to get the show to be removed from the Next Up list:

• Deleting the library where the show exists and recreate - Then force rescan several times.
  • Refresh the metadata for the show
  • Identity the show in the list to force metadata updates
  • Rename the folder on the drive to force the show to be rescanned
  • Delete all .nfo files in the show's folder
  • Mark the show as watched (all episodes) and then mark the show as unwatched.

Log file attached.  Let me know if there is other data that I can provide to help.

embyserver.txt

Edited by inzombyac

I am also getting this issue. I thought it was because I was on the windows beta (4.1.0.14) but I've since moved to a QNAP TVS server and installed the 4.0.2 main release and am still getting the issue.

• 1 month later...
FingerlessGlovs

I've got this issue too. Just recreated my Emby library as I've moved to the Docker image 2 weeks ago.

Version 4.1.1.0

Edited by MrJonny

DRAGUNSLAYER

I have a server with about 100 users, this happens to others too. No one is sharing my login and have confirmed with some other users that no one is sharing their login.

THIS IS NOT A CASE OF OTHERS USING MY ACCOUNT!!

Not sure if a log would help at all here. I have no trakt plugin installed so it can't be restoring from there. This is not a critical issue but annoying to have a random episode of a random show just sitting in my "Next up" It will be like season 4 episode 7 of Grey's Anatomy or some other random show that shows up. Just want to know if anyone else has this issue.

My server runs on linux so this does not appear to be OS dependent.

Edited by DRAGUNSLAYER

JoshuaAJones

For more info on this problem, I give you this scenario.

Mine is also showing random shows in the Next Up section BUT... it is from an entirely different folder.

I have 2 distinct folders, "TV Shows" & "TV Archive", on my server that are each located in different locations.

The archive is for older shows that I have collected or archived, such as GoT, Archer, and Star Trek: The Animated Series.

My setup has TV Shows library location as "TV" and TV Archive as "TV Archive" (completely different location and contents).

Now, the random show inserted into Next Up is always Star Trek: The Animated Series or Quantum Leap, something that I have never watched through Emby or identifed on Trakt.

The other shows that I have moved into the archive over the years, GoT, Archer, etc., never show up in the Next Up section, just the never viewed stuff.

The only similarity in these 2 distinct folders is in the settings... the content type on each is TV Shows.

Note:  I am also getting the random episodes as mentioned above for these never viewed shows, S04E15, etc., not S01E01, as you would think it would recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
CBers

I have this issue as well, but only with 1 TV show.

I only have season 2 of the show and not watched any episodes as yet, but Next Up is saying episode 4 is the Next Up episode, even though episodes 1-3 are unwatched.

I am running Emby beta server, v4.2.01.12

I see the issue in the web client and the ATV app.

Thanks.

CBers

It's changed.

That TV show is no longer showing in the Next Up list, but I have another show that has the next episode being displayed twice.

This really needs fixing please @@Luke.

Just so @@ebr is aware that I'm seeing the same in the ATV app as well, just in case anyone reports it in the Android/ATV app forums.

pgriffith

Just noticed this is happening on my 4.1.1.0 Windows Server too

I have an entry for a show that I have not ever watched an episode of (Person of Interest), next up is telling me that S05E01 is the next episode. All episodes are marked as unwatched. If I go into the series directly, is correctly says the next up is S01E01.

No new files have been added to the series recently, files have been static since June 2016 when the series ended.

• Like 1

CBers

Looks like the latest Beta server has the fix in it.

OK, perhaps it's not quite fixed yet.

I now have random episodes from my daughter's library showing up in my Next Up list.

I have the "Display in home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching" option disabled for the library in the web client and the Android TV client.

Please review @@Luke.

soveriegn

I'm on a relatively fresh install, I only started using Emby about 1.5 months ago. I have had this issue since I started using it. Would logs be helpful? I have noticed one odd show that was labeled incorrectly (not a sort label, the folder name and the show's files were named the wrong show) that was showing up in my "Next Up" despite it not being on my Trakt account and never having started watching it. I'm in the slow process of checking the rest of the shows that are incorrectly showing in "Next Up" to make sure they comply and I haven't found any other errors like that one yet.

Star Trek for example is showing on my Next Up with 3x20, but I never watched any of season 3 and am actually in season 2. It DOES show up correctly on the page for Star Trek.

XGMzacV.png

Edited by soveriegn
  • Like 1

pgriffith

Don't know if this is helpful or not, my random shows always show up in position 3 of the next up row (Web & ET). The shows quite regularly change but it's always position 3 out of the 24 shown. If I go into the Next Up screen which now contains 72 shows,they are all correct apart from the 3rd position.

• Like 1