Have run into an issue with LiveTV playback. Will have LiveTV playing when it will just stop playing with the screen showing just a black playback window or going back to the guide. I'm also noticing pauses in playback. I can add the following;
- Doesn't appear to matter if it is a browser playback or Android TV.
- Doesn't appear to be load related. Happens with just one stream or multiple streams.
- Doesn't appear to be channel specific.
- Video quality/Stream rates doesn't appear to be a factor.
- When it happens it tends to, but not always, affect all active streams. Had TV running in the living room and my office. Can hear the TV in the living room from my office. When my office stream dropped, so did the living room on a couple occasions.
- Browser versions (Chrome or Firefox) doesn't make a difference.
- When the steam stops the connection to the HDHomeRun tuner is released.
- Streaming the channel in VLC directly from the HDHomeRun device doesn't pause or drop. Tested from workstations and the Emby server.
- Can't say exactly when this started happening but if I had to guess I'd say it was in the last 4/5 betas ago. Not saying Emby is at fault. Just to get a timing. I'm pretty good about applying updates withing 24-48 hours of them being pulled to the server (auto-update).
My setup is pretty simple. Running 220.127.116.11 beta on an older i7 whitebox Win2016 server and using a 4 channel HDHomeRun (HDHR5-4US) tuner. Mostly a standard install.
The attached logs (emby and last stream that shut down) are for a stoppage at 18:51:49. It is curious, at 18:51:48.872 I see the first stop entry with a 'q' command being sent to ffmpeg as if I had stopped the playback on my own. But I did not.
2019-03-11 18:51:48.872 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://EMBYSRVR:8096...Playing/Stopped. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
2019-03-11 18:51:48.873 Info App: ProcessRun 'StreamTranscode 8974c2': Stopping ffmpeg process with q command for H:\Transcode\transcoding-temp\4b0391ca594d452af36a9799a217054d0.ts
I've checked the Windows Event logs to see if Windows captured anything. There aren't any entries around the time the stream stopped but I do see 2 critical alerts at roughly the same time each day (screenshots below).
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.