Is it possible to modify app source and downloaded to my Roku?

ucjb

I would like to make the font size larger than the default size. So, is it possible to modify the source code of the app and upload it to my Roku using developer mode?

Hi.  Not at this time.  That screen is designed to show off the artwork for the movie as well as provide all the necessary details.  We are using fairly standard text sizes for 10' UIs though.  Do you have this issue with other channels on the device?

Thanks.

I was thinking of propose an option for this. Along with the font sizes growing a bit would also increase the opacity so text isn't transparent at all. This would go a long way to increasing accessibility as users advance in age. Not everyone agrees this is why it should be optional. Keep the original call it 20/20. Then have another for is not 20/20 and have it do like I said. This would make it easier to users of advancing age to see what they want to see. Since it is an option it would be simple to adjust things when this option is selected. Along the same lines this could be something on the server side that the app just reads and uses as the setting. Where to store the setting app side or server side? I would guess app side as not all apps are built the same. What is small text on one app might be acceptable on the other.

You need to flesh these feature requests out some when you ask for them. Give life to the feature how you imagine it would work. This should really be in the request section as an accessbility issue but I can add this to the tracker so we don't forget about this. We can probably do something in this area eventually. There is a need for a feature like this in every app.

Reference: Request #280: [Request] Accessibility - Font sizes / Opacity / Etc

This can include color choices for those with color blindness as well. Anything a user has that affects them having perfect 20/20 visual acuity should be addressed in this same request.

Edited by speechles

A font size setting is a reasonable option to accommodate for the future though, thanks.

mikeraburn

@@speechles

Having decreased eyesight has NOTHING to do with advanced age.

Get off my lawn, even though......I am "older".

But thank you all for considering this.

• Like 1

@@speechles

Having decreased eyesight has NOTHING to do with advanced age.

Get off my lawn, even though......I am "older".

But thank you all for considering this.

You are always awesome.. lol..

I meant there is a time in every persons life where vision problems will become an issue. It is like death and taxes. These things cannot be stopped.

To everything; turn, turn, turn.. There is a season; turn, turn, turn... And a time to every purpose, under heaven.

There is something we can do but priority places where time is spent. This is on the tracker. It is an issue. Something will be done in time. :)