FWD buttons in Android App

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

Something that has been bothering me for a while is the hidden fwd buttons (the ones that skip 30 seconds and rewinds 10 seconds). On my last 2 phones (Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S8) the buttons are hidden in the remote control section of Emby. I have to turn the phone sideways for the buttons to appear.

In the notification bar, I have to expand the notification to see the FWD buttons.

I would LOVE for these buttons to show by default because next to pause, they are the buttons I use the most, yet it takes too much work to use them. It takes quite a few extra swipes and seconds to rewind 10 seconds than it should.

And as a side note, the emby update I got today seems to fix most of my Chromecast annoyances. I haven't got to test it all the way yet, but it seems WAYY more reliable. Even the volume buttons seems to be working well. Thank you! I will let you know if I find any more issues!

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you show screenshots of the notification section? I thought we had it figured out so they are always visible.

Regarding the app UI though, I don't see any way around that. There's just not a whole lot of space there.

AxelAxel3

No, I've never seen them visible by default that I can remember. Even on my large Note9 screen turned sideways it still does not show unless I drag down on the notification to expand it.

Just a suggestion in the remote control, but maybe moving the video time up above the pause button and putting the CC next to the favorite button would give space? I'm not really a visual person so I don't know how that would look/function without being able to see it.

And I am willing to do any testing you need to do. I am on the Android Beta install from the Play store.

f616f2cae84b33b92d86666e4a1ae35a.jpg95e12c1df648c9b64df876bcc5638a98.jpg3d6c981ff6428e1e2fc95a890399aa5e.jpg822a4faf751e1f547d4ac3c1b75a8d0e.jpg0d66b5b75ac7ad1a6c910d88b5747e49.jpg

Edited by Darkstyrm

• 5 months later...
AxelAxel3

Not sure if you've worked on this yet or not, but it has improved some. I have started seeing the FWD and RWD buttons sometimes without flipping it sideways. But I did notice them missing again today while casted from LiveTV to Chromecast.

App version Emby for Android Mobile 3.0.73

18b32f17ce85a0a8430cff7d1323c294.jpg

Edited by Darkstyrm

• 1 month later...
AxelAxel3

Yes - I saw that yesterday and loved it! I like the interface way better and it seems so far the buttons are always there!

Again thanks for all your and the team's work!