4.1.0.10 where is it?

sluggo45

makarai

Just throwing my name in there as another freenas user. I think the large majority of users I've seen in this section are freenas users. 

Excuse my ignorance here, but if all future beta's are built to require freebsd 12, does that mean future stable releases will require the same? So with this move, as freenas users, are we effectively stuck with the current build until freenas itself moves to freebsd 12 in the next year?

I guess so :D @@Luke

I guess so :D @@Luke

the emoticon you where looking for is :-(

btw, I just tried to install emby-server manuelly in a fresh jail with pkh install emby-server and it still is 3.5.3 there. The ports webpage suggests something different in the way, that I would get at least version 4.0.2.

Is this intended?

Edited by Tupsi

makarai

the emoticon you where looking for is :-(

btw, I just tried to install emby-server manuelly in a fresh jail with pkh install emby-server and it still is 3.5.3 there. The ports webpage suggests something different in the way, that I would get at least version 4.0.2.

Is this intended?

Yes, when you fire up a jail it has set the pkg service to quarterly, you have to wait until 4.0.2 becomes the quarterly or change to the latest package tree.

makarai

Anyway, the main point is that i think it was not a wise decision to go for freebsd 12 as the base. A freebsd 12 user can always use a freebsd 11.2 jail, but a freebsd 11.2 user can not use a freebsd 12 jail.

• Like 2

sluggo45

Anyway, the main point is that i think it was not a wise decision to go for freebsd 12 as the base. A freebsd 12 user can always use a freebsd 11.2 jail, but a freebsd 11.2 user can not use a freebsd 12 jail.

You know, that's a great point. Pure FreeBSD users should be running it in a jail anyway, and for Emby there's zero benefit to 12, so no reason not to just use an 11.2 jail instead. FreeNAS users cannot do the opposite.

@@Luke is this something you could consider instead? By going back to 11 you won't exclude FreeBSD users and you'll re-include FreeNAS users.

• Like 2

We're looking to what our options are. Thanks.

Thank you.

I am personally fine now, after my wild ride threw learning the freebsd pkg system and how to use freebsd ports and compiling stuff on my own (so there is a plus in everything bad :-) ) but would of course appreciate new updates coming along my way sooner then rather later (when FreeNAS upgrades their base to 12).