schmitty

schmitty

Hi,

I would like to know if Emby Server will still create metadata in media folders when a movie has different versions. And, if so... how do I get it to create the files, if they don't already exist? I have tried doing a library scan of the affected library.

Happy2Play

Metadata is only created for one version.  Isn't that the point of grouping them?

schmitty

I understand that. What I mean is... no nfo or images have been saved in the movie folder.

Happy2Play

Unless you don't have the options enabled for the library or there is a permissions issue, a nfo and images should be saved with media.

schmitty

I have changed settings for my local libraries to save local metadata.

I have tried refreshing all metadata for some titles, to get it to save local metadata, but it's not saving for some reason.

Should it still save local metadata if there are multiple versions of the main feature (3d and 2d)?

It's doing this correct on my system.  Just looked at my Avatar which has 1080p, 4K and 3D and I've got 3 NFOs and other sets of info.

• 3 weeks later...
schmitty

Here is a log which should show the import of Despicable Me, with 2D and 3D versions plus extras.

Log.txt

Edited by schmitty

This is what's going on:

2019-03-30 18:09:52.638 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.0.2.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /srv/.config/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.46
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /srv/.config/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/media/movies/Despicable Me (2010)/Despicable Me (2010) - 3D.MVC.h264.DTS-HD MA [5.1].Bluray-1080p.nfo' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

You enabled the option but did not ensure that Emby Server has write access to the media folder.

• Like 1

schmitty

I fixed it. But I am now getting the following error in the log

2019-03-31 12:02:34.542 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /srv/.config/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/media/cache/tmdb-movies2/552831/all-en.json'.
	   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
	   at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
	   at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Happy2Play

I fixed it. But I am now getting the following error in the log

2019-03-31 12:02:34.542 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/media/cache/tmdb-movies2/552831/all-en.json'.
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])

Just mean the media has a bad tmdb item id.  It looks like the providerid may have changed on TMDB since it was first imported into Emby.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/552831

vs changed id

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/539517

Edited by Happy2Play

schmitty

Why wouldn't be saving nfo's for both the 2D and 3D versions, and the extras and shorts?

Happy2Play

Why wouldn't be saving nfo's for both the 2D and 3D versions, and the extras and shorts?

You will need to post another server log, with new media being added or Refresh metadata/Refresh all on a movie as the previous one showed permissions issue.

schmitty

Yes. It is correctly detecting 2D and 3D versions plus extras... just not creating the nfos. Also, it seems to be picking up the 3D version first, and creating its nfo, and selecting it as the default version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...