Won't recognize server-- Mediacom is my internet provider

tarheeldoc82

FrostByte

Okay, you have a 2017 so the SmartHub probably isn't much different than mine.  To see if you have a local network IP go to

Settings

General

Network

Network Status

IP Settings

Odd that Emby server doesn't show an internal IP.  Does everything connect to a central wifi router first?  Or, is this some sort of hotspot where every device gets an external IP?

tarheeldoc82

On TV, IP setting obtain automatically

(Grayed out) IP address 192.168.0.13

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.169.0.1

DNS setting obtain automatically

DNS server 192.168.0.1

I have a WiFi router through Mediacom.

FrostByte

the dashboard doesn't show local access but only remote access.

I'm not sure why your server wouldn't have an Home/internal address then if your TV does.  If your server is connected to the same wifi router as your TV then server should also have a 192.168 address.

@@Luke may may know more.  

tarheeldoc82

The server address is the same as listed above (192.168.0.1) but it doesn't show up on the dashboard. The gateway address is the same (169 above is typo).

It just means that emby server may not have been able to detect it.

So you're certain about the local address of your server machine?

FrostByte

and you get the same message when you install not using the PIN? by using the IP of the server instead

tarheeldoc82

Yes, whether or not I use the PIN or try to connect manually the name of the server shows up but when I click says can't connect.

tarheeldoc82

Port is open. My Avast software also is set to allow Emby.

I think the issue is specific to Mediacom. Plex (a similar app) worked before I switched from Century Link to Mediacom. Has anyone else reported this issue that uses Mediacom as their internet provider?

You don't have to punch holes in your router in order to do that, so it's not quite the same.

FrostByte

What did bmoses say when you asked?  If it's an ISP issue then they must have done something to fix the issue

tarheeldoc82

I'm not sure who bmoses is. I guess if I can't find an answer here, I'll try Mediacom technical support. If they can't help me, I'll give up

FrostByte

I'm not sure who bmoses is. I guess if I can't find an answer here, I'll try Mediacom technical support. If they can't help me, I'll give up

Luke tagged him in his last post.  He has the same ISP as you so you could try to PM him and see if he had the same issue and what he did to fix it.

tarheeldoc82

I've PMed bmoses, maybe he will know something. In the meantime, I uninstalled and reinstalled Emby on my computer. Still same issues.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I've PMed bmoses, maybe he will know something. In the meantime, I uninstalled and reinstalled Emby on my computer. Still same issues.

Does it still not show the local IP on the dashboard?  Because to me that is strange

tarheeldoc82

No it does not. I don't know, it has to be some basic issue involving Mediacom and my cable modem. Disappointing.

tarheeldoc82

I use Avast for internet security. I have made sure all Emby applications that are labeled as such are allowed through the firewall. Any other suggestions?

• 2 months later...

Emby for Samsung Tizen 1.0.61 has been released for 2015-2019 models. Please try it out and stay tuned to the blog for release notes. Thanks !