Trakt Collection Sync Option Granularity / Collection Add

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

@@Luis

I have stopped relying on plex's trakt plugin to sync collection to trakt so am keen to better understand emby's trakt plugin 

can any one advise

in relation to collection additions/removal  (as opposed to watched/unwatched) on trakt.tv...

Qu1 what is the difference/relationship between scheduled task "Sync Library to trakt.tv" vs setting "Sync Collection during Scheduled Task"

(which of the two scheduled tasks is being referred to in the setting)

Qu2. if i want to add all items in Emby library to Trakt Collection AND not remove items from Trakt, items which are not in the emby library, what settings/tasks do i use.

The background to this is i wanted Trakt to be aware of all items in my emby library, but the end result of ticking the setting and running the task (from qu1) was that all my daily shows (no longer in the library) were removed from trakt. collection. the removal is clearly sign posted but not clear to me how to have the adds without the removes from trakt collection.

Edited by ginjaninja

J2ghz

Q1: The difference is technical, based on the system by which the sync happens, not on what is synced. You should be running both tasks. They will be merged into one task to reduce confusion in next release.

Q2: This is currently not an option, I didn't think of this use case when I added the removals to the plugin. There will be an option to disable removals in the next release. As a temporary workaround you can disable Collection sync entirely.

ginjaninja

Q1: The difference is technical, based on the system by which the sync happens, not on what is synced. You should be running both tasks. They will be merged into one task to reduce confusion in next release.

Q2: This is currently not an option, I didn't think of this use case when I added the removals to the plugin. There will be an option to disable removals in the next release. As a temporary workaround you can disable Collection sync entirely.

sounds great.thanks for update.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, giankoski68 said:

Does following a collection on Trakt automatically creates a collection on Emby base on the collection? 

Hi, no it doesn't.

• Sad 1