TheAudioDb plugin does not seem to work

almaster

almaster

I'm using Emby with a monthly premiere subscription on my Synology NAS; server version 4.0.2.0; when scanning my music library using only TheAudioDb to retrieve metadata info, no data was discovered! Also, when identifying an artist (or an album) and use the TheAudioDb ID, no result was found. Did i forget to configure something? Has anyone found the same error or does the plugin not work? With MusicBrainz all works fine, but metadata found was poor and never localized. Thanks

Hi, unfortunately the audiodb provider is disabled on this platform temporarily due to a defect in the mono & .net core runtimes that will cause Emby Server to crash. It is something we are monitoring and will re-activate as soon as we can. In the meantime there is a last fm plugin. It is not quite as good as audiodb I don't think, but it is an option.

almaster

Thanks for the clarification. I was afraid I had something wrong in the configuration. I hope the problem will be solved soon because theaudiodb is essential for a music library. I tried last.fm and it's a good alternative, but I've found that it only downloads metadata in English, ignoring language preferences. However I will wait for any developments, thanks.

• 1 year later...
Stan Guiseppe

First up - Awesome product!!!!

Sorry to drag up on old thread - but is this still the case? i.e. no AudioDB for Synology? The reason I ask is that my Music on Emby Server on Synology works great, but does not download Overview for Artist or Album. Even if I manually enter the AudiodB ID into the Metadata window, it displays a blank screen or Search results.

It does download images and backdrops for most of the artists (except some obscure/less popular ones), and I run my own Folder.jpg for the album covers, and I have found everything else works other than the Overview fields.

Cheers

No it's not still the case with newer versions. AudioDb works just fine now. Let's look at an example. Thanks.

Stan Guiseppe

Hi Luke, cheers for the reply.

Sorry about all of the screen shots.

I've just added a folder of mp3s extracted from my itunes collection. All tags removed apart from the ones shown below, and no embedded images. The folder has Folder.jpg for album art.

5e90373f35a51_Emby1.jpg

I performed a Library scan 'Scan Library Files' from the Dashboard for the Music library, and it grabs pics, backdrops, band logo. But no overview. The musicbrainz ID is populated by Emby, but not the AudioDB ID:

5e9037f20b504_Emby9.jpg

5e903823b12ec_Emby10.jpg

5e90383692783_Emby11.jpg

Stan Guiseppe

And some shot of how it looks: mate any help is much appreciated. Love the product, it's brilliant. I'm happy with my lifetime purchase. Cheers.

5e9038a726f39_Emby7.jpg

5e9038bd9574f_Emby8.jpg

Did you check Audiodb to see what they have for this title? the search is done by musicbrainz id, so the mbz id they have needs to match the one you have.

Stan Guiseppe

So AudioDB has a page for the artist and a page for the album, and the mbz ids (when you hover over the link at the bottom of the audiodb page) matches the artist id and the release-group id in the emby Metadata Manager for that album.

I have attached a log file of a metadata refresh for this album. It shows that Audiodb returns no metadata.

So I'm wondering, does emby query audiodb with the mbz id? Or is the mbz query run on the line above supposed to return an audiodb id in the returned xml (it doesn't) to look up on audiodb? I've also attached this xml. (I had to zip it so it would upload)

If I can get my head around how it works I'm hoping to solve it!

Thanks again

embyserver.txt

emby mbz query.zip

The issue is that audiobd is actually silently disabled for platforms running on the mono runtime due to this issue here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/69167-emby-server-4010-crashing-on-music-playback/&do=findComment&comment=692354

But perhaps now we'll be able to remove that limitation. Thanks.

FrostByte

Version 1.0.9.0 installed successfully and I was able to grab a couple of artist images successfully from AudioDB.

Edited by FrostByte

Stan Guiseppe

Thanks Luke and FrostByte! Sorry, I've been at work and just got some free this arvo to try the install. Although I'm possibly better off waiting for the update now as I've not had any experience with Linux....

Stan Guiseppe

Hi again, I now have audiodb 1.0.9.0 installed and it still does not work. The logs still show no metadata returned from audiodb. @@FrostByte are you running on a Synology? I wonder why it doesn't work for me. Even if I Identify the artist in metadata manger with the audiodb ID, the search results are empty.

FrostByte

Yes, I'm using a DS418play with Emby server 4.5.0.5-1-beta

I just refreshed the Fleetwood Mac album Rumours and got back the album description and somethig else from AudioDB.

https://pastebin.com/yJUds82Y

Edited by FrostByte

Stan Guiseppe

Ok, interesting. Looking at your logs I am seeing a Info httpclient line requesting results form theaudiodb.com using the mbz id for the album - which is obviously correct as it is working

Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/49jhsf8248yfahka89724011/album-mb.php?i=416bb5e5-c7d1-3977-8fd7-7c9daf6c2be6

In my logs, I don't see those requests, the only lines referring to AudioDb are debug lines:

Debug App: Running AudioDbAlbumProvider for /volume1/Music/Emby Test/Music/The Darkness/2019 - Easter is Cancelled
Debug App: AudioDbAlbumProvider returned no metadata for /volume1/Music/Emby Test/Music/The Darkness/2019 - Easter is Cancelled

I copied the audiodb.dll via WinSCP to the correct folder on the NAS (I replaced th existing one) and restarted emby server. I also did a full rescan of the library and refreshed metadata.

I wonder if it is the beta version of emby server you are on?

I'm on stable 4.4.2.0.

FrostByte

I don't see anything in the release notes that may indicate the fix is in beta, Luke of course would know.  It's still on mono too

FrostByte

Yes, it works for me.  I'm able to get metadata and images for artists and albums from AudioDB.

Stan Guiseppe

@@Luke @@FrostByte - my emby server has auto-updated to the new audiodb.dll 1.0.10.0 and it is now downloading metadata for artist and albums.

Thanks again to you both for your help and the update! Much appreciated

• Like 1