No sounds from Emby via Alexa

chudak

chudak

For me it simply stopped working ...

Skill is enabled, logged.

Can start/enable EB, can say what to play but no sound is coning out at all !

Angelblue05

What do you mean by no sound is coming out? As in Alexa is not responding or you are trying to playback on the echo and you don’t hear anything?

chudak

What do you mean by no sound is coming out? As in Alexa is not responding or you are trying to playback on the echo and you don’t hear anything?

Alexa seems to be responding, but when it says "Playing ..." I hear nothing and see no streaming corresponding message in the server admin dashboard. 

It used to work fine, but I don't use it every day and at some point it broke.

Let me know if I can look more in the logs.

Edited by chudak

chudak

Which player are you sending the play command to?

I tried default player and tried changing to my device (iPhone), no love

Again, Alexa is saying "Playing ...." but I see no usual status to prove it in the dashboard of this

Edited by chudak
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Alexa uses the remote control function on your server. In the webclient, select your iphone to play to. Try to play something. Does it work?

chudak

Alexa uses the remote control function on your server. In the webclient, select your iphone to play to. Try to play something. Does it work?

Play sample from Amazon music seems to be working fine 

Angelblue05

No. That is not what I’m referring to. You have to select an emby player or you can select the device itself for playback if your server provides a secure connection.

Emby for Alexa uses the remote control option on your server. Open the Emby webclient > play to (top right square doodle) > select your iphone, then try to play content. Does playback start on your iphone?

chudak

No. That is not what I’m referring to. You have to select an emby player or you can select the device itself for playback if your server provides a secure connection.

Emby for Alexa uses the remote control option on your server. Open the Emby webclient > play to (top right square doodle) > select your iphone, then try to play content. Does playback start on your iphone?

NO

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Then it’s not a skill issue. Something must be blocking websocket messages. I recommend posting under the server section for help. Essentially, your server is unable to communicate remote control or events to your clients. Hope this helps. If you are using a reverse proxy, make sure you are allowing the websocket connection through, there’s a few posts in this forums if you search.

chudak

Then it’s not a skill issue. Something must be blocking websocket messages. I recommend posting under the server section for help. Essentially, your server is unable to communicate remote control or events to your clients. Hope this helps. If you are using a reverse proxy, make sure you are allowing the websocket connection through, there’s a few posts in this forums if you search.

Well maybe...

On fresh server restart I can connect to iPhone and play on it.

As soon as I try via Alexa it wont play and then via Emby also won't play till server restart

What log can I look into for related info ?

Angelblue05

Your server log would likely show the issue. Make sure debug is enabled, restart your server. Then repeat your test. Your can post your server log here.

chudak

I see this:

2019-03-10 09:57:45.801 Error HttpServer: Could not find handler for /socket
2019-03-10 09:57:45.802 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 404 to 192.168.90.3. Time: 0ms.

But not sure if this is a root problem...

Angelblue05

@@chudak

What if you send two play action in a row, from the webclient. Does the same issue happen where it doesn't work the second time?

What is your server version?