Another user signed in as ADMIN account

MickEP

MickEP

Hello,

Yesterday, I had a user sign into emby on Apple TV, they have access to my server and it signed in as my administrator account without validation rather than their account!

How is this possible? Is it a known glitch/error? Do i need to setup something that I have missed to prevent a user from switching to admin?

Regards

Mick

So more than likely, you must have linked your local admin account to their Emby Connect account. I would check this in your server dashboard users section.

MickEP

I just checked all the other users, they have emby connect and they are all using their own account. I have deleted them all now.....and its just my account.

So if i re-add them, this shouldnt re-occur? Just a bit worried - sorry a bit new, i migrated over from Plex - where its a different setup.

No, in the users section I would click on your admin user, and then check for that user, what Emby Connect account they are linked to.

MickEP

No, in the users section I would click on your admin user, and then check for that user, what Emby Connect account they are linked to.

The name is the same as the emby connect username, which is my username for my (admin) account.

AmericanCrisis

I wan't to add to this. Everytime I add a user via "Emby Connect" they user's Emby Connect account is added to my administrator account. There is no way to add a separate Emby Connect account. This just started happening recently. It has been a few months since I've added a user and it wasn't a problem them. The only work around that I can think of is creating a "local account" then logging into that local account then adding the Emby Connect username to that local account. Anyhow, it freaked me out so I no longer add Emby Connect accounts.

I wan't to add to this. Everytime I add a user via "Emby Connect" they user's Emby Connect account is added to my administrator account. There is no way to add a separate Emby Connect account. This just started happening recently. It has been a few months since I've added a user and it wasn't a problem them. The only work around that I can think of is creating a "local account" then logging into that local account then adding the Emby Connect username to that local account. Anyhow, it freaked me out so I no longer add Emby Connect accounts.

Hi, this means you are linking the emby connect account to your admin user.

MickEP

Hi, this means you are linking the emby connect account to your admin user.

Luke,

I simply go to Users > Add User > Invite with Emby Connect. To add a new user. 

So does this method of adding a user "link" them to my emby admin user?

Just trying to get my head around it as right now, I have had to remove all users due to the fact that I am not sure if they can all admin the server.

AmericanCrisis

Ok I think I understand why it is doing this. Several months ago I removed my Emby account from my Emby server. I see the warning now:

In order to invite guests you need to first link your Emby account to this server

I must not have been paying attention to the warning. Anyhow, I removed my Emby account from the server for added security. Is there necessarily added security. Perhaps once my server is more secure I'll add link my user account to my Emby account and try again.

• Like 1

dansblackcat

I had the same issue where a user logged in using my profile rather than theirs.

As ebr mentioned "Does your admin account have a password?", this was my issue.  My emby connect has a password but there's another one needed for my admin account.

I just simply set one up and now other users can't "accidentally" log in as me.

Happy2Play

Ok I think I understand why it is doing this. Several months ago I removed my Emby account from my Emby server. I see the warning now:

In order to invite guests you need to first link your Emby account to this server

I must not have been paying attention to the warning. Anyhow, I removed my Emby account from the server for added security. Is there necessarily added security. Perhaps once my server is more secure I'll add link my user account to my Emby account and try again.

If you have not linked a connect account, the first guest you invite will be linked to a local user account and not actually have their own account.

AmericanCrisis

If you have not linked a connect account, the first guest you invite will be linked to a local user account and not actually have their own account.

Got it... seems kind of strange. I added my Emby account back in to a none admin account. So hopefully this will be mitigated in the future.

• 1 year later...
Happy2Play
13 minutes ago, MaSSiO said:

I have the same problem, how did u fix it ?

Please elaborate.