Android TV app not adding images to recordings

IkeTaylor11

IkeTaylor11

I record some shows (mainly news programs) that don't have an ID on any of the online metadata providers. The ATV app is not putting any image on the recording content in the app. Every other client that I use has an image though. I have attached a comparison from an ios device, windows web app and my shield tv of the same shows. You can see that the ATV client has no images on the recorded content. The ios device and windows web app does have images. Can this be fixed for the ATV app. 

post-386849-0-31417100-1552091250_thumb.png

post-386849-0-71168700-1552091259_thumb.jpg

post-386849-0-85616000-1552091266_thumb.png

I think this is an image inheritance issue of some sort but I haven't been able to track it down.

IkeTaylor11

I think this is an image inheritance issue of some sort but I haven't been able to track it down.

Just an update, it’s the same way on my Fire TV as well. I know both are a version of android but wasn’t sure if it’s the same client build. Anything iOS or through the web app works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so these items have no primary image themselves and their containing series have no thumbs nor backdrops, correct...?

IkeTaylor11

Okay, so these items have no primary image themselves and their containing series have no thumbs nor backdrops, correct...?

I believe the answer to that is yes. The only image I see in the folder is a poster.jpg. I have attached a screen shot of the recording folder. There is no series folders, just the show folder. What appears to be happening is iOS and the web app is using the poster image for the recording image inside the client. But, on the android clients that poster isnt being used. So i just get a empty box for the recording. It seems the shows this happens do don't have data from any of the metadata providers. 

post-386849-0-41788200-1552520383_thumb.png

IkeTaylor11

Correct, so the series poster becomes the last resort.

except on the Android client it isnt using the poster image. There is no image at all. 

except on the Android client it isnt using the poster image. There is no image at all. 

Correct, since we know we have a landscape container we are not falling all the way back to what we know will be a portrait image.  I suppose we can do that but it may have undesired results.

One small correction - there isn't "no image at all".  It is using a TV placeholder.

IkeTaylor11

Correct, since we know we have a landscape container we are not falling all the way back to what we know will be a portrait image. I suppose we can do that but it may have undesired results.

One small correction - there isn't "no image at all". It is using a TV placeholder.

Why are the other client apps able to show the portrait image for the recording then? I don’t see how falling back to a portrait over using no image at all makes any sense.

The placeholder is just a frame, no image. And it’s only on android. All the other clients are able to use the portrait image without any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk