Latest update running on Kindle Fire

AlexS
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

AlexS

Hi,

I bought the app as soon as it became available on the Amazon Marketplace so I could get it on my Kindle Fire and I love it. However, yesterday it updated and now I am continually bugged by the following message:

"Get Google Play Services. This app won't run without Google Play services, which are missing from your phone. Get Google Play Services"

Obviously, as I downloaded the app from the Amazon Marketplace specifically for use on my Kindle Fire, it is impossible for me to have Google Play services unless I root my device, which I have no intention of doing. Amazon do not allow Kindle Fire users to connect to Google Play and they are unlikely to ever allow this.

If I click on the link "Get Google Play services" the pop up message does disappear and allow me to browse through my media etc, but every time I select anything the message reappears. It does not seem to affect the functions of the app at all, accept continually popping up and being very annoying.

Please remove the message from the app.

Many thanks

• Solution
Redshirt

I'll publish a fix tomorrow afternoon. The dialog is being spawned by a library that I didn't write. Unfortunately a Kindle isn't in my stable of devices so I didn't even realize the dialog was there. 

• Like 2

AlexS

Thanks for the prompt response & for sorting a fix.

This is the first issue I've had running the app on the Kindle Fire &, though the pop up message is annoying, it doesn't actually stop the app from functioning. 

Thanks.

newfiend

I am having the same issue on my daughters kindle's as well. Looking forward to the update. Thanks.

newfiend

Redshirt

The update is already on the Google Play store. I pushed it to the Amazon market 2 days ago but Amazon is blocking the update due to beurocracy. I'm working with them to resolve the situation.

• Like 1